M3C4 Parasitic Drain Question

Z

z_infinus

From the reviews on the M3C4 and from many other threads on the forums I've ready many posts regarding the parasitic drain on the Eagletac Mx series. Many people like to install the click tail cap to avoid this. The other option is to lock out the head of course.

Here's my question though.... the drain is such that it takes near 3 months for it to drain batteries. Even a week on standby doesn't result in very much drain when you think about it. So are you all not using your lights? I'm trying to figure out why everyone is so concerned about it? If this light is relegated to emergency use only then perhaps I can see the concern, but otherwise do you all actually not charge your lights more then once every 3 months?

I lock out the head if I ever put the light away in it's holster/case however if it's out to be used it's always on standby ready to go. Even if I'm just using it for a few minutes every day over the course of a week or two it then gets a nice charge. So I'm just confused why so many people are concerned about it?