The All-Around Light/Battery Case **PICS**

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, another visit to the dollar store (Dollar Tree) produced this:

caseclosed.jpg

This is marketed at Dollar Tree as a Easy Readers Designer Carrying Case. It is for those foldable reading glasses that bend at the nose bridge. It is a hard case with a rubbery soft outer covering. Inside:

caseopen.jpg

It is lined inside with cheap velvety stuff, and it will not scratch your stuff. Very nice and soft... Now to see what will fit inside...

case5123.jpg

5 CR123A batteries fit PERFECTLY inside the case.

casearcaaa.jpg

4 Arc AAA's can fit inside. (3 are depicted here)

casearcls.jpg

An Arc LSH-P here with a BP SS Mini-Clip also fits PERFECTLY inside - nice and snug.

Great deal for a dollar!

Dan

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
can it hold glasses too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Dan

jtice

Flashaholic
Very nice. Seems to fit the stuff I need it to very nicely.
I hope my crappy dollar store has them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Very nice. Seems to fit the stuff I need it to very nicely.
I hope my crappy dollar store has them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it doesn't, talk to me.

Dan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
We had a dollar store here (about three blocks away), but it burnt down a year or so ago. Now there's a Subway in that spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I guess I can take a bus to the 99 cent store on Capitol Hill and see if they have these cases the next time I have to go to that area.

K A

Enlightened
Personally I would wonder how long the metal in the hinge would last before it breaks and no longer keeps the thing shut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Though for a dollar I guess it isn't too big a deal, would just depend how much you open/closed it.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
This is a great concept, easy open and close, I have a "regular sized" eyeglass case that works the same way. I'll have to go see what I can fit in it.

BTW just for info, it is about six years old and the spring hinge has held up to continual use over this period...

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat idea! I have a regular case, that was provided with my prescription glasses, and I managed to fit 2 flashlights in it at the same time. Arc LS w/TSP-2AA is the longest one that will fit. Surefire L4 and Inova X5T also fit.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
We had a dollar store here (about three blocks away), but it burnt down a year or so ago. Now there's a Subway in that spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I guess I can take a bus to the 99 cent store on Capitol Hill and see if they have these cases the next time I have to go to that area.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, only Dollar Tree (very common on the East Coast) have them, as the manufacturer only makes the cases for them.

If any of you need some, I might be able to help you out. PM me for info.

Dan

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

A clever use for a common object. I'm always looking for cases to hold my "stuff." Thanks for the tip.

But I do have a question. The case looks kinda small. Is it really large enough for glasses?

Paul

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
Is it really large enough for glasses?

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

These are designed for those glasses that bend at the nose bridge:

Glasses_Folded.jpg

Dan