• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Techjunkie's Mark VIII - 1300L Exotic warm white LED beauty

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
SOLD: Techjunkie's Mark VIII - 1300L Exotic warm white LED beauty
Written by Techjunkie on 01-16-2011 02:45 PM GMT

This light casts a very unique and exotic warm white beam by combining WW XR-E emitters in each corner for throw with a center WW MC-E emitter to create uniform flood and elminate the ringy pattern typical of XR-Es in SMO reflectors. The warm white tint makes hardwoods and natural surroundings look rich and beautiful instead of cold and dead. A very bright spot with great throw and a very bright spill with clover shaped edges provides tons of illumination making this an all-around powerful light.

Original build thread can be found https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3037443#post3037443[b]here[/b]. Please note important changes since start of that build thread:

• All four CREE XR-E AND centered CREE MC-E are matched warm white tint
  • SMD resistor mod performed on both drivers to ensure true regulated output of 2.8A to each set of four LED dies
Runs on two 26650 cells, not included with the light. Batteryspace 4000mAH LiMn cells are recommended for maximum runtime (of ~1.5hrs), however any two 65mm length cells capable of safely sustaining a 2-4A current draw through the discharge cycle and providing a Vin between 5.5-8.4V combined may be used. This includes but is not limited to:

AW IMR 18650 with a sleeve

Sony 26650VT (from a tool pack)

A123 26650 LiFePO4 cells

AW IMR 26500 cells with a dummy C-cell spacer and stock length spring (do not use 3 cells!)

The light was babied as long as I owned it and as such is in pristine condition.

Price with no batteries included, but with US shpping and insurance included is:

$150

International shipping and insurance will cost extra and would be calculated based on destination.

Method of payment limited exclusively to PayPal to techjunkie (at) iname (dot) com, or to cash if transaction made locally in person.

First I'll take it claims it, but funds are required within a week or it goes to the next person in line.

TheMarkVIII.jpg

(pic above taken before emitters were all upgraded to matched warm white)

Re: FS: Techjunkie's Mark VIII - 1300L Exotic warm white LED beauty
Written by Ginseng on 01-16-2011 03:21 PM GMT

Nice piece of work! This seems like a really useful light configuration and the 3C has really nice balance and aesthetics. I am sorely tempted. Please, somebody take the choice out of my hands. :D

Wilkey

Written by nfetterly on 01-16-2011 03:49 PM GMT

I'd love to take it (edited original post - need to read thread....)
Written by Techjunkie on 01-18-2011 11:51 AM GMT

:bumpit:
Written by Techjunkie on 01-21-2011 07:33 PM GMT

:bumpit:
Written by rdh226 on 01-23-2011 11:37 AM GMT

Techjunkie said:
This light casts a very unique and exotic warm white beam by ...
Oh, WTH, I haven't spent any money today, and I'm a big warm-white fan, I'll take it. Oh, WTH, I haven't spent any money today, and I'm a big warm-white fan, I'll take it.

PayPal sent.

-RDH

Re: SOLD: Techjunkie's Mark VIII - 1300L Exotic warm white LED beauty
Written by Techjunkie on 01-23-2011 11:47 AM GMT

rdh226 said:
Oh, WTH, I haven't spent any money today, and I'm a big warm-white fan, I'll take it.

PayPal sent.

-RDH
Awesome. Thanks! Awesome. Thanks!

I'll pack it up tonight and ship it out Monday, weather permitting. (We're expecting snow, but I'm not sure when exactly.)

Written by Norm on 01-23-2011 12:47 PM GMT

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/an...em sold, or its selling price.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Norm

Written by Techjunkie on 01-23-2011 02:17 PM GMT

Norm said:
Sorry, I saw other listings with the price removed and I followed their lead, thinking this was done as a courtesy to the buyer in case they wanted to resell for more or something. I've restored the sale price to the first post. Sorry, I saw other listings with the price removed and I followed their lead, thinking this was done as a courtesy to the buyer in case they wanted to resell for more or something. I've restored the sale price to the first post.

Written by Techjunkie on 01-23-2011 02:32 PM GMT

RDH,

I've packed it up and printed a USPS 2 day priority with insurance label. Now I'm off to the Post Office to put it in the package drop box. You'll have it in a few days. I really hope you enjoy it. Thanks again.

Written by rdh226 on 01-23-2011 06:53 PM GMT

Techjunkie said:
RDH,

I've packed it up and printed a USPS 2 day priority with insurance label. Now I'm off to the Post Office to put it in the package drop box. You'll have it in a few days. I really hope you enjoy it. Thanks again.
Cool. It'll probably arrive before my Battery Space 26650's... Cool. It'll probably arrive before my Battery Space 26650's...

-RDH

Last edited: