Thoughts,reflections, about my first HDS clicky

Z

z_mrlysle

Hi all. Back in December, after visiting Henrys website 1000 times and reading here every spare minute, I decided I HAD to have a HDS clicky. I ordered a custom 170t, TiAiN coated titanium bezel, flush switch and sapphire lens. Since Henry was out at the time, from another dealer I ordered a 17670 tube. Obviously Ive been EDCing my clicky every day since Xmas, and I have a few thoughts I thought I would share, and maybe help some still on the fence about a HDS light, and options they are considering. First and foremost, I absolutely love this light and will definitely buy more of Henrys products. BUT, I would do it differently next time. First, after the fact, I read somewhere here on CPF that basically made me feel I could have saved some money on the sapphire lens, as it actually reduces light transmission, and the bezel design pretty well protects the lens anyway, unless you were unfortunate enough to drop it right on the lens on something hard, in which case the sapphire probably wouldnt hold up either. So next time, I will just get the glass lens. Secondly, I figured I was getting the best when I ordered the TiAIN coated bezel. But after just the short time Ive had my clicky, the coating is wearing off pretty good just from inserting and removing the light from my right front jeans pocket. Ive never dropped or scuffed my clicky against anything except my pocket, so I was kinda suprised when I noticed the coating wearing off. Soooo, next light will just be the stainless bezel. About the 17670 tube. I really like it. I like the additional length and the extra run time afforded by the 17670s. However, I am also going to purchase one of the AA tubes because of the incredible runtimes offered by those cells. That way, Ill pretty much be able to run my clicky anytime, on several different battery configurations. Like I said earlier in my post, I love this light and will buy more. I want a high CRI bad, and Ill spring for one of the brighter models now that theyre out. I guess Im like a lot of folks in that if Im going to buy something that costs a little money, I figured I might as well spend the extra and get the BEST of everything. But after educating myself after the fact, and seeing how coatings and such perform in an EDC situation, Im just saying I wont fall for the marketing hype next time and save some of my money for more batteries! Thanks for reading and I hope Ive helped maybe someone decide to get a HDS light. I dont think youll regret it. Thanks Henry for a super product! :)