Save a Maglight from being abandoned.....

Z

z_avant

Well I sure hope I am in the right forum this time, i did look around first so I think I am on safe ground here.

I have a 3D cell Maglight that is original in every way. It is at least fifteen years old! BECAUSE it is as old as it is and we have been around a lot together - I am keeping it. What I want to do is give it some new legs. But I don't want to go crazy. I have looked at the Malkoff devices LED drop-in but they are out of stock. I am on the mailing list for when they do come back into stock but I am not even sure they will. If anyone could update me on that I would be grateful.

In the spirit of the forum I would ask for some suggestions as to what options are available to me, both LED and Incan but I suspect that Incans are not going to cut it without some big bucks being spent.

I know it is a 3D cell and two cells or even one cell is the norm but i am simply going to use a spacer for the third cell and then two D cell alkaline batteries if the LED route is the one to go down. I have seen some of the really awesome Maglight builds on here but really, some of them no more resemble a Maglight as a Toyota does to a Dodge. I am not being distrespectful, these are awesome lights. I just want to make my Maglight a bit more useful. Even the wife picks up one of the LED's first so he is feeling a little unwanted right now.

All suggestions gratefully received, save a Maglight folks!