My new Streamlight TLR-3 Weapon Light Is it broken or am I?

Databyter

Enlightened
I just got my Streamlight TLR-3 in the mail today. http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=165

When I took it out of the packaging I noticed that it was partially broken down and that it had come with a battery.

Cool I thought, because I had bought a batt. for this already, thinking I would need one. I was surprised that the batt was actually partly in the device rather than being seperate though, especially since it obviously wasn't all the way closed.

So I went about trying to figure out how to close it, and couldn't figure it out.

Then I looked at the instructions and realized that the battery is inserted from the business end of this light, whereas it was falling out of the back end, where the switch assy. is.

OK fine, so how to attach the switch assy so it isn't loose.

hmm..

There are no snaps, clips or screws, I don't see anything broken and there is no sign of it being glued.

None of the breakdown pics for this light show the switch assy being off of the barrel.

It looks as though they simply forgot to glue the switch assy to the barrel at the factory.

It fits perfectly, doesn't appear to be damaged, but it simply isn't secured.

Granted I have only been looking at this for about 5 minutes, but the instructions both in the box and online show nothing that would indicate that this light is supposed to come apart here or how I would attach it.

I hesitate to try and glue it myself, This is a weapon light and it's not a good choice for experimentation.

Do any of you have this light? Any thoughts?

Does it just snap together if I press it really hard? I don't want to break it trying to do something that is not possible.

I'd add pics but as usual my ISP just gives me a sorry msg when I try to upload to my webspace.

Databyter