HDS/RA Systems Flashlights

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight thing is almost as bad as knives. In a little under a month I've bought a SureFire 6PL and a Fenix TK11. I am now looking at a third light, the HDS Executive Clicky. The specific model I'm looking at is the EDC-E1S-120. It seems that there is are two common variations for HDS lights, the Executive and the Tactical. The only differences that I can see are the that the Executive has the flush button and polished bezel, and everything else is the same. Some please correct me if I am wrong.

This light has four pre-settings -- maximum, 35, 12, and .3 lumens. I like this versatility as I don't always need a super bright light. You can also customize the light for different settings, but I'll probably keep the settings as is.

The specific model I'm looking at is the one with 120 lumens. There is also the version with 170 lumens and HDS just discontinued the 140 lumen version. How much of a difference does 50 lumens make at this level of brightness? I know that there is a huge difference between 10 and 60 lumens, but I don't know if the difference is worth it at 120/170. Please keep in mind that while I like quality gear, I don't need the newest toy on the market. I've had the same Spyderco Military since 2003 and have never been tempted by the BG-42 or D2 versions.

Second, this light will apparently accept rechargeable Li-ion batteries in addition to the usual CR123s. HDS sells a kit with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charger. Do you guys think that it's worth getting the kit, or should I just save the money and put it towards more batteries?

Thanks for the help guys.