LSH-P Tactical Illuminator Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
taclshp1-t.jpg

The image aboves shows a Hi-Point 9MM Carbine with an ARC LSH-P mounted in the Hi-Point factory fixture. It utilizes an AA power pack and is loaded with two lithium double-A's.

taclshp2-t.jpg

While some may argue the merits of using such a low powered light for use as a tactical, weapons mounted light, it sure enough illuminates the general area well. I think the LSH-P can serve usefully in some home defense situations for identification of friend, foe or pet. It looks kind of cool on there anyways..... The LSH-5 may be even better for this type of duty.

A-6

onelight

Enlightened
If the circuit board can stand the battery impact in recoil, the LED should hold up well.That LS should have plenty of throw in a house.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
onelight said:
If the circuit board can stand the battery impact in recoil, the LED should hold up well.That LS should have plenty of throw in a house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Peter about using the LS for this application and he thought that it would work OK. I used to have a maglite on it and that lite took the impact and recoil. So the LS should be able to handle it better we summized. Remember that this carbine shoots 9MM parabellums. This round may feel hot when shot from the hand with a pistol, but feels rather tame when shot from a carbine. It doesn't kick at all. Feels like shooting a .22 rifle. I will take it to the range and give it a go soon and see just how it performs.

A-6

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are right A6, the LSH-P seems like a perfect limited use weapon light. Identification being your primary reason for having a weapon light in the first place and if you've ever shined an LSH-P at yourself in the mirror of a dark room it's, enough to surprise a possible intruder too at least giving you the advantage for a short time.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
The High Point Carbine [I have one of them too] is a very fun rifle to shoot. Yes, the recoil isn't bad at all, but I believe that the velocity of the round is higher than from a pistol, due to the longer barrel allowing more effect of the expanding gas.

What groups are you getting with yours, Atomic6?

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Orion said:
The High Point Carbine [I have one of them too] is a very fun rifle to shoot. Yes, the recoil isn't bad at all, but I believe that the velocity of the round is higher than from a pistol, due to the longer barrel allowing more effect of the expanding gas.

What groups are you getting with yours, Atomic6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very small, tight groups. Amazing machine.

A-6

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine wasn't all that good [6-7 inches at 25 yards] until I 'accurized' the barrel with a flat file and now it getsabout 2 inches at 25 yards, probably better if I would practice more. But yes, it is an amazing machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.