Need some Help with my first build. Like to use Wichtel stuff

Z

z_DirkS

Hello there.

My name is Dirk and I like to build my first selfmade Candle.

My tooljob equipment is not a lot so I like to use some finished products.

I found stuff from der Wichtel. There are 2 mods for a Mag-Lite available.

The SST-90 and the Tripple kit. Both of them are to dim. And this is what I like.

My idea now is to use one of this 2 kits. The SST-90 is to dim by a 10k poti. The Tribble by a PWM signal.

Now I have some questions. My someone can give me a hint.

1. Is there a standard part available to use the PWM dim like a poti?

2. Compare the SST-90 with the Tripple. With one is better? But what is better? I mean, more efficiency. More lumen Withe the Tripple to use the PL ore the Cree?

If I understand it the right way I have to clue the LED with thermal clue to the Heatsink ore socket. With the socket I use between soket and headsink thermal paste. Before I have to solder the wire.

Then I have to solder the PCB and put the PCB in the bach of the heatsink. This move now to the Mag-Lite housing with some thermal paste between heatsink and housing tube.

3. Is this right? Produce the PCB also heat? Is there a need do use some thermal paste with the PCB?

In the technical datasheet of the Tripple driver PCB is written 1-4 LEDs.

4. Is is possible to add 3 driver PCB in the candle? With this I am able to switch each LED separate. If with question 1. a standard part available then it is easy to give all 3 PCBs the same PWM signal. If question 3. negative, means that the head production of the PCB is not important for the thermal management it will work?

5. What kind of wire diameter I have to use? If I look at der Wichtel at youtube he use thin wire with a thin coting. What diameter is that? What diameter I have to use from the power source to the PCB?

I will build it all to the Mag-lite because I have a nearly finished housing. The power source came outside the candle. I will use a small box. In this box I will install the power source, the switch and the dim part.

The Mag-Lite will cut a few inch behind the PCB. Maybe I will use the switch from the Mag-Lite to switch on the power an a switch at the box to select the number oft LEDs. At the end I will clue ore weld an Alu part where the wire coming out.

6. If I cut of the length of the Mag is there enough surface for the heat transport? I can do the Alu part a little bit more bigger/ deeper and mill some rib at the back?

Hope you understand my English.

Say thanks an wait for some answers.

Greetings

Dirk