CMG Infinity Ultra's gone dim.

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened
CMG Infinity Ultra\'s gone dim.

I had the CMG Infinity Ultra on a neck lanyard, and was on a walk in the woods when I noted that it was very dim. Wondered if it was just me, so I lit up the way with an Arc AAA, and the Arc AAA was at least twice as bright as the Ultra.

So when I got back, I cleaned the threads and o-ring of lubricant, cleaned everything out, re-lubed the threads and o-ring, and replaced the battery. Still the same. It's dim enough that I can look at the LED and see the little wires.

Anybody have an idea as to what's wrong with the light?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CMG Infinity Ultra\'s gone dim.

Stupid question, but have you tried changing the battery?

Otherwise it could be a ground contact problem. Others here will be able to better advise how to possibly fix this.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
wink.gif

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened

Yep, tried several batteries. Had no effect, so it isn't the batteries.

But, something interesting happened. I relubed again, and this time placed more lubricant on the "edges" of the threads to ensure that they would be better lubricated. And I just turned it on now: back to original output.

Very strange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Edit: Just tested the Arc AAA and the Ultra (both of which were about equal brightness OOB, and the hot spot of the Arc devours the Ultra's. Hmmm.

avusblue

Enlightened

I recently had a problem that sounds similar. I sent it back for replacement. See this thread for more info.

I haven't yet received the replacement unit, but it's been less than a week.

Good luck,

Dave