Looking for an AA or AAA Flashlight

S

sleepyx637

Hi,

I'm pretty new to flashlights, but have always been fascinated. Currently, I have a E2D with a Veleno drop-in in transit. I'm also looking for a smaller light that takes AA or AAA since they're easier to find in a pinch. Looking for something that's very bright (duh) and hopefully lightweight (titanium would be awesome). Can anyone help me out with suggestions?

I found the form below, so hopefully it'll help. Thanks all!

For all questions please select all that apply.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

I'm flexible, tell me what you got.

3) Format:

I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

Keychain size or Every day carry small (2-4 inches).

__x__Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

I would consider getting a light that is pieced together (for example a "host" or flashlight body from one manufacturer, and a "drop-in" emitter from another source). Under the right circumstances, this path can provide more options to the consumer to meet specific needs, and can often be easily upgradeable as technology improves.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) (disclaimer, while it does not preclude all choices, these are not recommended for many of today's most powerful lights)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

__x__I want to walk around an unlit rural area (50-150 lumens).

__x__I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).

__x__I want to illuminate an entire field, the neighbor's front yard several houses down, impress my friends and neighbors, etc. (300-700 lumens).

__x__I want ridiculous amounts of lumens (800+ lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

__x__Less than 1 yard/meter (reading, other close work)

__x__Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)

__x__5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)

__x__30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)

__x__50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)

__x__150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

__x__Up to 30 minutes (I want the brightest [and potentially smallest] light for brief periods)

__x__30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)

__x__90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

__x__Slightly Important (Walks around the neighborhood).

__x__Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

I'm flexible

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

__x__A simple on-off with only one output level is fine for me.

__x__I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating

First choice: Titanium (durable and nearly as lightweight as aluminum, but can be moderately to significantly more expensive).

Secondary choices:

Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

Stainless steel (durable, but much heavier than aluminum)

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

Would be nice, but not necessary to have:

Pocket/belt clip

Crenulated bezel