New Surefire L1 mini Review

Z

z_Mgizler

Well guys I Finally picked up a Surefire L1, Which was long overdue if you ask me. I have had alot of surefire lights and alot of lights in general, but if you ask me, this is one of the nicer ones that I have picked up. Right out of the box I noticed that the size was alot smaller than I expected. I had read alot of review and thought the light was going to be similar in length to the E2E that my wife carrys for work. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised that its almost as small as my RA Clicky and my E1L. The UI is great in my book. Very simple to use, not alot of clicking or turning or clicking and turning combinations in a sequence to get to certain light outputs. Its either press for low, press harder for high, twist for low, twist more for high.

Dont get me wrong, I love the RA Clicky that I have, sometimes its a little reduntant to click press, double click, triple click etc.. to get what I want. And sometimes I find it un necessary to have so many options. I do like the fact that I have so many light output options, but sometimes simpler is better. For me at least.

Well enough about the Clicky, Heres some pics of the L1.

SurefireL1-1-1.jpg

SurefireL1-3.jpg

Heres one next to my clicky

SurefireL1andRAClicky-2-1.jpg

SurefireL1andRAClicky-1.jpg

I was also very surprized at the light output of the L1. Granted, its not dark here yet so I cant really see the light to its full potential. But here is a picture of the light on High compared to the 170Clicky on high before burst step down.

SurefireL1-3-1.jpg

I think that the light output rated by surefire is very very underrated at 65 lumens. It cant get dark fast enough. I need to take some night shots and see how this baby throws.

Also, The light is the perfect size. It fits just right in my hand, the switch is in the perfect position for operation. And the finish is great as well. The knurling on the light is pretty aggressive but not enough to tear up the pocket.

I highly recommend this light for purchase as an EDC or an all around light.