Scorpion in the fog / Good-best light in the fog?

NewsFlash

Enlightened
Last night I went with my brother on about a 120 mile round trip. We went to get a load of pelletized cattle feed from a plant that makes syrup and sweeteners. The feed is a by-product of the processes. He has a single axle dump truck.

On the way back we ran into some pretty thick fog. The truck's headlights weren't particularly bright, had no fog lights. My brother said he couldn't see the road well at all. So what do I do? I whip out my Scorpion! It was pretty good, brighter than the trucks' headlights, but was still limited. It was a help.

Can anyone recommend a good portable setup for fog? I have a Mag 2D and a Mag 3D. I am obviously into lithium's (CR123's) and have yet to do the 2D/3x123 Mag mod. I also am aware of Elektrolumens 3-to-D AA battery holders. I don't really want to spend a lot, mainly if possible, change the setup of what I have.

Someone may know of a cheap foglight setup or a cheap way to make one.

Moderators, I know this is on the edge of Modified Lights and may be moved accordingly.

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wont a blue filter help?.but im not sure but it seems ive heard that before

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
brightnorm,
good links AND good links to other links there. (did that make any sense?)

This is especially well-written. The first paragraph is SO TRUE! It gives good advice, and points out a big problem.

Selective yellow

Blue Bulbs Bad (say that 10 times fast!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Some good info on blue light and HID characteristics.

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Re: Scorpion in the fog / Good-best light in the f

I have a Lupine Spe-Lu on my bike, and while it's only borderline for fast cycling (insufficient throw) it's absolutely amazing in heavy fog! There I was, riding at night inside a dense fogbank, with everything lit up almost like daylight; not bad for a 4W light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Unfortunately it's not exactly cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Latest posts