Information on moding the UniqueFire HS-802

E

EPOCH

Just curious if someone could point me in the right direction on information about doing any mods to this little thrower.

I was happy with the first one I ordered, bought 2 more and they have both died within 3 months of purchase.

Not sure exactly how I would like to mod it, but first I got to figure out how to break it all the way down

thanks in advance for any suggestions/links

jdonahoe

Newly Enlightened
Just curious if someone could point me in the right direction on information about doing any mods to this little thrower.
I was happy with the first one I ordered, bought 2 more and they have both died within 3 months of purchase.
Not sure exactly how I would like to mod it, but first I got to figure out how to break it all the way down
thanks in advance for any suggestions/links

I have the HS-802 also. I'm looking for the emitter modules for this and the Brinyte UF900s (they are the same light). I can find the LED emitters on some sites....but, not with the "screw-in" module these lights take. Have you had any luck? Or can you give me any info as to how to acquire parts to make one?

Thanks.

moderator007

Enlightened
What I modded mine with was a amc7135 1400ma driver. Leaving the XR-E R2 alone. I took the reflector out and placed it down on another light that had with a XP-G in it and I did not like it as well as the XR-E. The hotspot became larger and didn't seem to throw as well. Tried it with a sst-50 modded mag light and like techjunkie concluded it did not work as well as the XR-E. If you want it to throw just increase the current to the XR-E. If you want more over all light you could use a sst-50 or xm-l and a new driver (amc7135 2800ma). My stock 802 was only drawing about 800ma at the tail, so 1400ma was a good increase. Maybe around 100 more lumens from member jtr1962's testing. I'm pretty sure mine also used the 16mm pcb.