got my first light from peak...which is also my first xm-L...FR800A!!!!

stallion2

Enlightened
it arrived a couple hours ago and i've only been able to walk out on the plant floor here where the shop lights are off (darker than most nights) to give it a try...WOW!!! this thing is a cannon!!! has infinitely adjustable output from nil to 3.4A (per RMSK). i haven't measured the current at the tailcap and aren't sure if i'll be able to because honestly...i haven't figured out how it comes off :confused:. this light is capable of running 3.7-12V but i think it needs at least 6V to run full output. anybody have any idea what 3.4A would be based on??? is that going to be on a 7.4V system or something else? i'm emailing them this question but if anybody knows something about this then please weigh in.

it uses a 35mm acrylic optic. the beam isn't all that attractive (something i've found common w/ a lot of acrylic optics) but it is unbelievably effective. reminds my of my Elektrolumen's Decree. i can't be sure until i'm outside but it doesn't seem to be a supreme thrower but certainly not a flood light. it has a very bright reasonably large hotspot, bright and marginally wide spill and thats it...no lingering spill beyond that. i'll try to get beamshots up by this weekend but my photog skills are not the greatest. so far it appears to be an outstanding mid-range beam. i'm gonna take it to the woods w/ a friend and see what the coons think :naughty:.....i suppose i bought it for those little monsters more than anything!!!

'til later