Anyone Make An "Adjustable" Tail Stand Feature?

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
So in reading a review of the new Jetbeam PA01, something occurred to me. What if you have a very small light (AAA or AA) with a clicky tail cap, and because of it's tail stand feature, it makes it hard to comfortably and reliably activate the tail cap switch?

I know that some lights have optional tail stand bezels that you can attach to a light, but does anyone make anything like this:

A tail cap bezel that is tightly fitted within the rear of the body tube, is independent of the rear switch mechanism, and that screws in and out using standard threads, almost like a twisty head. This would be for rear clicky lights, so that if the rear bezel is threaded all the way down tight, it would allow very easy access and function of the clicky switch. Screw the bezel all the way out (maybe a total of 1/4) until it stops, and it would then allow the light to tail stand. The threads would not be exposed when screwed all the out, because you would have the threads located deep inside the body tube. This adjustable rear bezel would be a permanent part of the light, and would add versatility without much bulk or weight. The only issue I could see would be the water-tight seal if its independent of the rear switch.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Could it even work?

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Re: My Thread is Still There, Responses Are Not

Actually an adjustable Delrin Tail-standing option is being offered by Peak Flashlights for their lights with Clicky.
http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Peak.html will get you there, then look at any Clicky - Mountain Series K2 in Brass should make your mouth water and it has the adjustable Tail-standing feature.

Good Luck.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: My Thread is Still There, Responses Are Not

You could try getting a plastic water line end cap and screwing a plastic bolt into it long enough to activate the tail switch if the light is pushed in towards the cap and use it as a stand for the light.