Quark Turbo - malfunctioning results in SUPER dim moonlight mode

Z

z_Koke

Hi all,

Just recently, my quark turbo r5 starting acting very strangely. When I went into programming mode and was toggling between selections, i noticed the light flickering randomly. This was very odd. Not thinking much about it, I went ahead and set the tight as turbo. When i used it on turbo after the programming, the light keeps flickering just like when i was toggling between modes! Yikes... Anyways, because i didn't want a flickering turbo as a mode (and, yes, the threads and everything are still clean and stuff since i've only had the light for about 2 weeks), i went back into programming mode. This time, however, when i was toggling between the modes, I only got SUPER moonlight mode every time i turned on and off the light to toggle between the modes. What is this you ask? It is an insanley super, super -- dare i say it -- unusably dim moonlight. I have no way of measuring it but occasionally it'll hop back into or out of the regular moonlight mode and when it does, i can tell you for a fact that it is at least 4 times dimmer than moonlight. I mean, i can even shine it directly in my eyes forever without even the slightest discomfort and when i look back to the surroundings my vision is not dimmer in that eye than compared with the other eye. Now that is dim... Who needs those super low of 0.07 or whatnot... hahaah.... sigh.... Suffice it to say, i'm going to email 4sevens and hopefully they'll take it back, but any idea what could have happened? I mean I lost all my modes now. Thankfully the loose head mode setting was at low so that is still usuable, but no more programming and the tight is always at super dim moonlight now.