Upgrade a surefire e2d led defender

Z

z_sgunn911

I know this topic surely has been discussed before, but I cannot find it anywhere in the search pages. I just keep getting topics about upgrading the older E2D to an LED light.

Is it possible to upgrade the E2D LED light with say a more powerful head or parts, different type batteries, etc. or is it just about as good as it is going to get OEM?

This is my first post, so please cut me a little slack if this topic has been beat into the ground, I did try for quite a while to find a topic before posting.

Thanks!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...do you have the 120 lumen head or the 200 lumen head? If you have the first one, I think that may answer your question. Or...you can sell your E2D-Led and get one of the newer 500 lumen E-Series when they come out (hopefully this year).

SikDMAX

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply! This light is a friend of mines, and we were just discussing upgrade options for it. It is quite bright as is, with the 200 lumen head installed. Would this light benefit greatly from being bored for an 18650? Seems like 200 is about as far as this light will be taken. The new 500 lumen Fury sure is interesting, that may be a future purchase.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are coming out with 500 lumen E-series heads...the LX2 for example. Check out the Surefire Shot-Show thread.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are coming out with 500 lumen E-series heads...the new LX2 for example. Check out the Surefire Shot-Show thread. Expect to see more 500 lumen heads/E-series lights soon though. I hope they don't get too crazy though. Indoors and caving, there is a limit, and lights can be "too bright" (blasphemer!!!).

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens factory also has a e series head that can take a new style of dropping which you can also buy there.
Maybe get a hi cri drop in and head? You'll probably end up buying a new head either way

Latest posts