• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mac's MiniHID, shipped worldwide

mrQQ

Enlightened
1D black host

4xRCR123

WA HID bulb with special ballast. A real thrower.

DSCF6350.jpg

DSCF6352.jpg

DSCF6354.jpg

DSCF6355.jpg

Price, shipped worldwide is: 250$

I can accept PayPal payments only. CC funded PP's please add 3%. Please PM me before paying.

Items will be shipped from Lithuania, EU.

If you require any additional info just ask in this thread, I will respond as detailed as I can and it'll help everyone hopefully.

Last edited:

jaundice

Enlightened
Do you have any pictures? Also, is the ballast a 10w or 14w?

Does this one have a standard side mag switch, or the Mac's custom tailcap switch? Is the switch a forward or reverse clicky?

Thanks,

-John

mrQQ

Enlightened
Hi,

all good questions. I've added some pics to the first post (they went with the site boom..)

I can no longer find the thread where I bought it, but I recall seller saying it was specially built ballast for him. He said it was special high voltage version, as the batteries are in 4s configuration.

The switch is tailcap switch which is reverse clicky.

wow, suddenly this ad is getting all the love lol

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great light - and has amazing throw for a light this small. I have a few of these and they never cease to impress me.

You can tell if it's a 10w or regulated 14w by unscrewing the bezel and looking in down at the Ballast. The 10w has a silver metal can, while the 14W is made of brown plastic.

If you are curious to try a HID, this is the light for you.

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
OK, I'm officially interested...

Questions:

1/ Is this the 14W version (brown ballast, dual output B10R001, red/yellow/black wires)?

2/ Are the 4x RCR in a battery holder (picture)?

3/ Is the body tri-bored (picture of inside of tube?) so it could take 3x 17670?

4/ Is the HID lamp the M10N004 (without dome), or the M10N003 (with dome) (picture)?

I like the relatively understated look of a plain Mag body, and I quite like the Solarc HID output. I'd prefer a battery option other than 4x RCR123. If it's what I hope it is, I'm interested in buying.

- Syncytial.

mrQQ

Enlightened
Hi,

here are your answers, though you might not like them

1. No, this is 10W, aluminum ballast (well at least I think so, it looks aluminum from the top, and I was too scared to remove the metal clip spring to check it out..)
2. Yes, they are in battery holder, 4S configuration. Photo below.
3. No, but doesnt 3x17670 fit body as is?
4. I think it's M10N003.

DSCF6419.jpg

DSCF6418.jpg

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response...

This should help prospective buyers. It's not the version of Mag HID that I was hoping for though. I'd like the 14W, so I've got more options and can set up Hi/lo output.

Regards,

Syncytial.

swtws6

Newly Enlightened
Will this work with 4 regualar (primary) cr123 batts, or doea it have to be rechargeables? Also what kind of throw can this do, at what distance can you really light something up?

mrQQ

Enlightened
I dont see why it shouldnt work with primaries, it works fine with freshly charged 4.2v rcr123s.

As for the distance, the hotspot is very very tight, though the actual intensity isn't very high. It will light up hundreds of meters, but it might not be the brightest hotspot you've seen.