Lumapower Incendio V3+ vs. Nitecore D10 (or CR123 vs. AA)

Z

z_Nibbles

Hi everybody. As you all can see, I'm brand spanking new here, so I thought I'd use the chance to say hi as well as ask a question. I have been lurking a little while here, but this is my first post. I found this forum while reading on the EDCForums, and since I've become more and more interested in flashlights lately it was natural to register and maybe even start posting a little. I apologize in advance if any funny English should pop up; I'm Norwegian, so English is not my first language. I usually get by though.

Now, to the flashlights. I currently edc a Fenix E05 which I have grown very fond of since I got it a little while back. It's the perfect partner for my Spyderco Ladybug, as I can easily fit both in the coin pocket of my jeans. As great as I think this little light is, especially when considering the price, the time has come for me to find a new edc light. I'll still probably carry this as a backup/secondary, but I really need a main light with a little bit more power and a few different output levels.

So, after reading a bit around here and some other forums, I have found some lights I think are really nice. The Incendio V3+ looks really great, and I already love the UI to bits. The lowest setting could probably stand being a little lower, but it's no big concern. What I'm thinking about is that it's 123 powered, as opposed to for instance the D10 which is AA powered.

I mean, I really, really like the V3+, but AA batteries can be had virtually everywhere, even up here. It's no trouble for me to order 123's online of course, it just feels nice to know that I can get some AA wherever I want.

So, I'm really undecided. I'm sure you guys get these kinds of questions all the time, but if anyone could chime in with some opinions it would be greatly appreciated. And I'm not limited to these two, of course. If anybody got some suggestions for other great little lights at roughly the same price point I would love to hear them.

Cheers.