offering my services...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
after having a topic drift about restaurants in another thread, i came to realize that many of us haven't had experiences with some restaurants, due to location, preference, friends, etc.
is there anything we can do about this?
yes!

my proposal is simple:
send me a gift certificate for a certain restaurant (or mail me the funds), and i will go there, put up with all the trouble for you, then tell you whether or not i would recommend it. i will even go so far as to consuming a specific meal if you so request, or you can specify what types of food you would like (for example, if you sent a $20 gift certificate for red lobster, you could indicate that your preference is some sort of shrimp, and i could select something random that includes shrimp, and either recommend it, or say you are better off going with something else)
if you prefer, i can merely decide for you, and order and review whatever seems best to me.
this is a real win/win solution!

you get to experience a meal, (through me), without taking 2 hours out of your night, without setting through horrible restaurant music, without incompetant waiters spilling coke on your lap, and without the remote chance of possible food poisoning.
it's also a great way to try more than one meal at your favorite restaurant without worring about ordering something new...and disliking it!

any thoughts, suggestions?

this offer of course apply's only to restaurants in my local area, and going out of town could be potentially bothersome, though being the generous person i am, i will do my best to suit your needs.

if anyone is interested, please pm me, and i will disclose my addres so you can send me a gift certificate to a restaurant of your choice. if you are unable to do either, please pm me so that we may work something else out...i'll try my best to help you in any way i can.

i look forward to helping you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'd like to thank everyone who has pmed and emailed me so far. hardly did i expect such demand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
i'll do my best to fullfill all orders as soon as possible.

i'd also like to mention that this offer applys to store-boughten goods as well. been eyeing the newest flavor of icecream in your grocers freezer? been lusting to try the newest flavor of soda? been craving a nice big frozen pizza, but can't make up your mind which brand to get?
i can do that too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
At least he started it in the Café /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Roth, if you eat so much how are you supposed to keep your ni...nevermind...

DaveT

Enlightened
Hmmm...this is starting to sound like a bar bet..."OK Roth, I'll give you $10 to go to Chinatown and eat the dried squid, preserved olives and hundred-year-old eggs."
Or maybe one of those "Fear Factor"-type shows?
"Roth, we'll all chip in the cash IF you can finish the 5-pound steak and all the fixin's in an hour" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dave

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn...got all excited there cos i thought Roth was offering his lathing skills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
How about doing mods for food stamps? I think this would prove to be very popular /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm throwing this party for my daughter's 21st' birthday... it's going to be a pool party. We need entertainment... I heard there's video of you lathing? Is that your resume?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
LMAO

this should satisfy your hunger roth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
next time we met on chat, it would be "damn, i am so full" rather than "damn, mom just got home, but she did not bring me any food." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kaster, roth already did offer his lathing skill since the good ol' time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

If you people only knew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Man, this is low, even for Roth.
I agree Shiftd, at least now we SHOULDN'T hear all the whinning about being a poor starved child.

Sabby.. LOL I am sure all of us chat-a-holics got that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sasha... I have a copy of Roth's resume if you wish to see it. I recommend viewing it while sitting down, with the kids tucked in bed. .. ... and a bucket nearby.

Roth... heres $5, go eat shhhhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no problem bert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i figured this would be an excellent way to help the wonderful people of cpf.
it's a huge sacrifice on my part, but if it benifits the community, it's all worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

that's a very good question chevy...
it may very well be that i loose it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
however, that's a risk i'm willing to pay, for the betterment of the lives of other cpfers.
and you're so kind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dave, i can't promise anything...but if you pay for the meal, i'll do what i can to consume it to the best of my abilities /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

food stamps? i dunno...maybe...

daughters birthday huh?
...i don't think you realize what kind of movie this is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

we'll see shifty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what is that ticey? this is low?!
i don't see you giving selflessly of yourself to help others in such a manner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

thanks for the cash ticey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
any specific place you would like me to eat with it?

only one way to find out flow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Sasha... I have a copy of Roth's resume if you wish to see it. I recommend viewing it while sitting down, with the kids tucked in bed. .. ... and a bucket nearby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I donno, it's so small it's hard to really see anything. Probably not very good entertainment for a pool party. If you tried to view it on your big screen TV it'd be so pixelated you'd think you were back in EGA graphics land.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
only one way to find out flow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Paypal sent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Jason

jtice

Flashaholic
Sabby... do you REALLY want Roth to make a high res version? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Sabby... do you REALLY want Roth to make a high res version? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yea saaby..
what's wrong with you man? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
daughters birthday huh?
...i don't think you realize what kind of movie this is

[/ QUOTE ]

I did mention she's turning 21, didn't I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
without incompetant waiters spilling coke on your lap

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, a couple of years back when my soccer team won the Recreational City Championships, my family took me to Lone Star. We were with my grandparents and when the waiter came to deliver the drinks (can you guess what happened?) They all came sliding off of the tray and on to me! They didn't even offer me a free meal. The funny part is that several days later there was a NOW HIRING sign hanging up.