Problems with the SF plastic washer.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I just received a couple of the plastic washers from SF for the EXx lights. Here's the setup and the problem:

On the E1e and KL1, the washer allows for normal operation. I have no problems and everything is fine. The problem child is the E2e with the incandescent bezel. The light will not work no matter how hard I tighten it. There is no light at all including momentary thumb switch activation. Take off the washer and the light behaves like it should.

I know that pk posted earlier that the washers are only designed for the late E series models and not the early ones. I have an E1, E2, E1e and E2e. I'm only trying this on the 'e' lights.

Anyone care to share or venture a guess?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plastic washers? I didn't see any in my EXx series lights
confused.gif
I have 3 E2 and 2 E2e.

Alan

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Alan,

They're a new thing designed to deal with waterproofness/resistance where the O ring sits above the clip.

That little section is a potential leak area and SF addressed the issue by specifying a very thin plastic washer to cover the area with the O ring sitting on top. The washers are free if you'll just call SF and ask.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, thanks for the info. I guess I should have visited the forum more often:)

Alan

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to be a newer "e" from what PK said I guess that they changed newer E2e's and E1e's to work with this setup.