work/edc flashlight suggestions for the unenlightened (me)

• Thread starter z_Whydoihavetoregister
  • Start date
Z

z_Whydoihavetoregister

First off Id like to thank you guys for all the information Ive been trying to absorb since I joined CPF a few weeks ago. The reviews/roundups have been especially helpful in narrowing down my decisions. I already bought a Zebralight SC51W which Ive been very happy with so far, but Im already looking to upgrade to something somewhat bigger brighter. My gut is telling me to go with the SC60W but Im leery of li-ions after doing some research here. Im not a flashaholic yet so I am VERY open to suggestions, thanks!

-Neutral tint LED, open to drop-in/host setups.

-Good compromise between flood throw, maybe leaning a little more toward flood. Im a plumber so it will mostly be used for short to medium range work.

-Multiple brightness settings. I'd like a fairly low-low, although it isn't very important. Definitely don't need a strobe/sos but don't really care as long as they're somewhat hidden. I've been happy with the 6 regular settings and general UI on the SC51W.

-At least 200 lumens, the brighter the better.

-Runtime of at least an hour on high/turbo and the longer the better on low.

-$50-$200

-I plan on using rechargeable batteries. AA, 123, or possibly 18650 if you can talk me into it.

-Small to medium size (3-6 long) good for either belt or holster carry.

-Strong belt clip.

-Durable water-resistant construction. (It will get wet and it will be dropped.)

-Tailstandability is a definite plus.