AA New for 2011?

Z

z_dnullify

Hi all,

I was about to place an order for a jetbeam e3s, because it was the sleekest and most powerful (compared to size) flashlight i could find.However, after reading a few more posts today, i'm a little concerned about QC and CS with jetbeam, what with lights conking out on arrival. Is this as common as it sounds?

I also don't want to miss out on any lights in this category that may be released soon, and perform better. After reading a review on another jetbeam, i was wondering if there were any slim-line AA lights with fully variable twisty UIs, because that would be ideal.

I know the AA REVO is an anticipated light, but that there is also no known ETA for it. Are there any other good lights in that category known to come out soon, worth waiting for? I've realized that an actual pocket-light might not be urgent for me. I've been using my iphone's flash thus far, and i suppose i can continue should it mean i'll get good keeper later on.

If there really isnt anything better in that category, then im likely just to stick with the e3s, as its $50, and hope that i get a good one.

thanks for reading!