Cheers for my Arc LS Second!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doorbell rang this afternoon and I happily accepted a small padded envelope from FedEX. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had ordered one of the ArcLS Seconds that are on their website. An LS has been the top of my list for a long time, but there just doesn't seem to be enough cash left over at the end of the month to warrant it yet. Since I couldn't justify to myself that I really NEEDED it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But the price on the seconds was more than I could handle.

I am very pleased with what arrived. it's an LSH-P! The reason it's a second is fairly obvious. The lens is broken. There are some stress fractures going across the lens. I don't know if this happened during manufacture, it almost looks as if the module in there was tightening down to far causing just enough flex in the lens to make it start to snap. If I look at reflections in the lens it does look to be bowed out ever so slightly and not flat. Is everyone else's lens flat?

I will make an attempt to unscrew the module and remove the broken lens at some point in the near future, if for no other reason than to remove the extra stress that must be on the LED and electronics. There isn't any functional reason to do it though, the beam is wonderful, the color of the LS is wonderful.

It is my opinion that the LSH-P is worth every penny and I really lucked out with this second!

LukeK

Enlightened
Congratulations on the excellent second. My Second, however, is a first run. This means that it doesn't retain hardly ANY water resistance....plus the beam is yellow. So I've got my work cut out for me to make this a better light.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Doorbell rang this afternoon and I happily accepted a small padded envelope from FedEX. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had ordered one of the ArcLS Seconds that are on their website. An LS has been the top of my list for a long time, but there just doesn't seem to be enough cash left over at the end of the month to warrant it yet. Since I couldn't justify to myself that I really NEEDED it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But the price on the seconds was more than I could handle.

I am very pleased with what arrived. it's an LSH-P! The reason it's a second is fairly obvious. The lens is broken. There are some stress fractures going across the lens. I don't know if this happened during manufacture, it almost looks as if the module in there was tightening down to far causing just enough flex in the lens to make it start to snap. If I look at reflections in the lens it does look to be bowed out ever so slightly and not flat. Is everyone else's lens flat?

I will make an attempt to unscrew the module and remove the broken lens at some point in the near future, if for no other reason than to remove the extra stress that must be on the LED and electronics. There isn't any functional reason to do it though, the beam is wonderful, the color of the LS is wonderful.

It is my opinion that the LSH-P is worth every penny and I really lucked out with this second!

[/ QUOTE ] You know. It's !@#$ like this post that pisses me off. I read this !@#$ and I say to myself, self, what the $%^& am I missing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif HAHAHAHAHA! Gotcha. I'm glad you scored. I really do have to get in on the "segundos". I just hope that I am lucky as you were. I'll let you know next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.