Luxeons - V2T or U3V bin.

hula

Newly Enlightened
Ok which do I choose a bright V2T with an ever so slight green tint or a slightly less bright but white U3V?
I'm thinking brightness wins but then again I do like a really white light....

Hula.

LukeK

Enlightened
That all depends on how much dimmer the U3V is but I really prefer white light. Of course outside you can't tell TOO much of a difference between white-white and greenish-white.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say you choose the V2T. You won't notice the slight green (if it truly is slight) in most real world scenarios, and as you say it's brighter. There's another advantage, too; it runs at lower Vf, so you'll probably squeeze a little more run time out of your batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hula

Newly Enlightened
Sold! on the V2T - that little bit more run time swung it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Cheers - Hula.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus being a lower vF it will be overdriven more thus even brigther still.

Allthough my eyes perceive white as brigther than yellow/gren tints. But the V should be way brighter to make up for that given it's higher rank and lower Vf

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the V2T. I had to make a similar choice between LEDs recently, so I decided to just get both. The results were surprising. Although I like looking at the white light better, the one with the slight greenish tint performed alot better outdoors. It just had a better ability to cut through the dark. The warmer tints, as far as I am concerned, are hands down better performers outdoors. And you won't notice the tint in practical use.

If you wind up getting the V2T, you might overdrive it a little. It's my understanding that warmer tint LED's get whiter with overdriving, but I wouldn't overdrive for that purpose. You should have plenty of light running to spec.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend an X3T, like the one in my MR-X! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif