What is the best P60 drop-in?

Z

z_hawkmoon69

As I have meandered my way through a flashlight addiction, I have increasingly narrowed my way down to p60 hosts. I had an HID, but it was too big. I had a surefire M3, but same deal. Plus, i decided that i was an led fan. Now my only non-p60 lights are a malkoff hounddog and a 5 xpg drop-in from DX that throws like crazy (well, and a lummi raw and a quark mini123, both of which i love). I've decided that 6p/9ps are just about perfect hosts, though. I suppose there might not be much difference using a z or c series, but I'm not sure if they would be as tough after boring them out for 18650 or not...the 6/9p seems solid. That and its a cheap host.

I equally appreciate massive throw and massive flood, and, like many people here, I'm in a search to fit the most power into the smallest package. But also like many people who have been here more than a couple weeks, I've learned to take tint, beam profile, and run-time into consideration, as well as discovering that i most commonly use low or medium output on my variable lights. Nevertheless, I'm currently searching to build the brightest light that I can -- of either variety.

I have malkoffs -- m60 and m61w. I like them both, though I prefer the m61 -- it throws nearly as far as the m60 and the beam profile is nicer. Good runtime and heat management, nice tint. I'm not sure if for throw a p60 sized reflector can do much better than this? I do have an aspheric lens coming that I am interested to play with.

I have one of nailbenders sst90 dropins and it is very nice and bright but its not as bright as my triple xpg from oveready, which i have powered by 2 18650s in a bored out 9p w/extender (UCL and mclicky tailcap). It's pretty perfect -- blazingly bright on high anad a very nice low setting for close work. But, of course, the search for something better is most of the fun

where do I go from here? has anyone pushed on?