Surefire 2011 Inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen, its about that time again. Surefire will be increasing their prices on a lot of their flashlights.

6PX = $115

G2X = $95

E2L AA = $180

E2DL = $189

E1B BK/SL = $160

A2L- BLUE = $285

A2L- GREEN = $270

A2L- RED = $305

A2L- WHITE = $316

M3LT = $550

M3LT-S = $575

LX2 = $210

Kroma = $359

Kroma Milspec = $400

I find the A2L pricing the weirdest because its based on the color I guess theres a higher demand for white and red led A2Ls? There are some weapon lights that will be join this list as well but I didn't have any interest in those but if you had a question about a specific one I could check.

If you are interested in purchasing any of the lights above please do it before the price goes up! :thumbsup:

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
you know I wonder to if there union based company plus also the metal they use if it even up to besides led I've been waiting for somebody to bring this up but its like snapon tools to craftsmaning? tools. but also you have to figure shipping of materials to make these lights but I really don't know just my guess

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to be negative surefire lovers, but this common surefire mark up on already ridiculously priced lights is why I refuse to ever buy one. Every time I think about owning one and start looking the prices go up. I know the warranty and reliability is more than fantastic but dam..... I feel like they rape me when I'm browsing online.

Acid87

Enlightened
Sorry to be negative surefire lovers, but this common surefire mark up on already ridiculously priced lights is why I refuse to ever buy one. Every time I think about owning one and start looking the prices go up. I know the warranty and reliability is more than fantastic but dam..... I feel like they rape me when I'm browsing online.

Once you have used a Surefire light your views will change. Thats what happened to me. I havent gone so far as to own an M series light i.e. lights the price of a small car but have quite a few lights.

Maybe have a look over at CPF marketplace you get some good deals on new and used lights. You will have to sign up again but its worth it for discount codes and the deals. Its free though obviously.

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Think faster!

Haha both good comments, thanks I'm sure I will eventually own one, and will most likely get it from the market place, I am registered but have never purchased before or sold.

Hmm never saw where the discounts are on CCPFMP?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
90% of my SF's came from the MP, and on average I save about 40% off retail, even though the lights may not be new in box. Like I told my buddy the other day, due to the extreme build quality, there's not much difference between a new Surefire and a 6 months old Surefire. There price increases may not always be to make more money, but to slow demand???

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
a surefire light is a hand me down light to the next generation yes they are gone up but you have gas/food/car that has also gone up its what we call inflation in america and other countrys what's nice about surefire lights as I've said it is a tool that you can count on like snapon to craftsman tools you'll have them for years to come plus warranty hear you go grand kids that kind of stuff

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
a surefire light is a hand me down light to the next generation yes they are gone up but you have gas/food/car that has also gone up its what we call inflation in america and other countrys what's nice about surefire lights as I've said it is a tool that you can count on like snapon to craftsman tools you'll have them for years to come plus warranty hear you go grand kids that kind of stuff

Not too mention, SF's tend to maintain a decent resale value, and after a bit, actually go up in price, sometimes doubling or tripling in original cost. Especially ones that don't have a modern replacement...anyone bought a 12ZM on the MP recently??? Original titans go for around $1000. Beast's $2000-$3000. Mint 9Z's around $150. Although the collection of vintage SF's seems to have decreased dramtically over the years, there's still a few out there that have a passion for some SF history.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoo boy, $316 for an A2L-WH! :faint:

That's a significant chunk of change right there. I hope they don't price it so high that people avoid buying them and they cancel the line-up due to low sales. It's a great light, but I don't know about spending over a quarter-grand on one...

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
well the nice thing is they have a wonderful warranty and please take no offense but that's all I carry besides my mag chargeable at times that is plus my streamlights surefire has a nice feel like a snapon tool and the warranty is the same so yes price is high but cry once I say it all depends how bad you want one and I can see were they would be in value when they don't make the same light any more that's neat what do they say supply demand raises price plus inflation

LeifUK

Enlightened
A surefire E2L AA torch costs about £200, compared to under £50 for a similar Chinese light. I'd rather buy the Chinese light and if it gets stolen, or mislaid, it's not such a big deal. And in a couple of years time when the latest LED puts out twice as much light, I can afford to upgrade. £200 ($300) is an absolute fortune for a torch. I'd be scared to carry it around in my trouser pocket in case it got lost.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
A surefire E2L AA torch costs about £200, compared to under £50 for a similar Chinese light. I'd rather buy the Chinese light and if it gets stolen, or mislaid, it's not such a big deal. And in a couple of years time when the latest LED puts out twice as much light, I can afford to upgrade. £200 ($300) is an absolute fortune for a torch. I'd be scared to carry it around in my trouser pocket in case it got lost.

The Marketplace is your Freind, LeifUK...on another note, I'd rather risk losing a $300 SF than have 1 or 6 chinese lights fail on me at an inoppurtune time...

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to patronize authorized SF dealers more but you can easily find many of the lights on the list above for half the price new in box in online auctions. I'm sure the used lights in the Marketplace are good deals as well. The SF warranty applies no matter where you buy the light from my experience.

List price, or MSRP, is like the rack rate for a hotel room, the walkup price for an airline ticket or the price listed on a hospital bill. Almost nobody actually pays it in these cases unless you don't know any better. And, in the U.S., consumers have some protection from price fixing at the retail level through Federal Trade Commission rules.

Hoo boy, $316 for an A2L-WH! :faint:

That's a significant chunk of change right there. I hope they don't price it so high that people avoid buying them and they cancel the line-up due to low sales. It's a great light, but I don't know about spending over a quarter-grand on one...

I agree, $300 for a light with a SSC emitter in 2011 seems a little over the top. As far as low sales cancelling the line up, previous SF price increases have been defended by the faithful here as a brilliant marketing move to reduce demand so they can concentrate on producing new lights.:huh:

I'd rather risk losing a $300 SF than have 1 or 6 chinese lights fail on me at an inoppurtune time...

Here in Japan I have a SF LX2 and a green A2L in case the reactor blows or another quake hits. But I've also got three of David's Quarks with newer XP-G emitters in my bag as well. My plan to bring several G2X's to give away was overtaken by events and they are still at home. If anything happens, I'll be happy to hand the lights I have to someone who needs them more, these folks have already lost more than I can imagine.

For comparison, the white A2L here in Japan has a list price of 55,440 yen, US$684.06 at today's exchange rate. One dealer has it listed for a discounted price of 41,580 yen, which comes out to US$513.05.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still have a 6P that's in daily use after almost 15 years. I doubt the 50 pound Chinese light will be in service 15 years from now. And, to be very blunt, I don't want my life or well-being depending on something less durable and reliable than a SureFire or equivalent light.

richpalm

Banned
well the nice thing is they have a wonderful warranty and please take no offense but that's all I carry besides my mag chargeable at times that is plus my streamlights surefire has a nice feel like a snapon tool and the warranty is the same so yes price is high but cry once I say it all depends how bad you want one and I can see were they would be in value when they don't make the same light any more that's neat what do they say supply demand raises price plus inflation

I hate to pick, but I can't even read this-no punctuations, no caps, nothing.

SF has gotten much too expensive... those days are over for me.

Rich

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
I hate to pick, but I can't even read this-no punctuations, no caps, nothing.

SF has gotten much too expensive... those days are over for me.

Rich
I apologize for my penmenship I never was good in english and yes they are over priced for a flashlight that's why I have what I want in this hobby if you want to see a high dollar hobby look at ham radio they go up to 11000 thousand dollars and they sell different strokes for different folks

Rod82

Newly Enlightened
It looks as tho Surefire is pricing themselves out of the market. But truthfully they have Military contracts and there are tons of people out there that will buy Surefire based on the fact the military uses them. No doubt they are a great company, make a great product and have good customer service. But i am middle class so purchasing a surefire is going to be a rare thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.