Shops that do Anodizing?

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
I have some 6061-T6511 aluminum mounts and bodies I've made that I want hard anodized.

Does anyone know of any shops(would be awesome if they were in the DC Metro area...) that I could send my parts to and have them hard anodized?

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
Bumping an old thread of mine... Still looking for a shop to do this. Emailed alphametal.com. Anyone ever heard of them?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
ukmidnite might be able to help, though he is UK based so I guess it depends on how big your parts are with regards to shipping rates. He has a titanium anodizing thread over here.

Another thing to try is doing it yourself.

Sorry I can't be of much more help. Try searching for places that make bike frames, or paint alloy wheels etc. They often do in shop anodizing. Or at least they do here in Australia.

Hoop

Enlightened
Look local. There are going to be shops in your area that do anodizing. If you can't find one in the phone book, call a machine shop and ask for a recommendation. They probably outsource their anodizing to a handful of local shops. Some machine shops also do in house anodizing.

Last edited:

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
There is a local place in Alexandria(www.alexandriametalfinishers.com/anodizing.htm) but it looks like their minimum order is $150... I need a place that doesn't have a minimum $ order. The pieces I want anodized are very small. Only have 3 pieces and all much smaller than a 2" cube.

edit---
Just stumbled upon usanodizing.com. They happen to be in VA, deal with firearm accessories, and look to do small jobs. Emailing them now.

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every anodizer I have come across has a lot charge. My local guy right now is around $250 per lot for HA-III.

Mac

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
Victor from http://www.usanodizing.com just got back to me over email. Very nice guy. They do small one off's. Quoted me $25 for a MIL-A-8625F Type III, Class 2 anodizing of one of my small pieces. Will send it to him this week and report back whenever I get the piece back.