EO1 winter abuse... Picture heavy... Suggestions welcome!

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi all! Ice storm and snow today in the northeast, so I decided to do some torture/ abuse testing of a Fenix EO1, since I keep recommending it based on the durability and runtime. Relatively NIB EO1 with an Energizer Lithium primary is the victim.

P1010499.jpg

First up is my walkway, looks like it needs some shoveling. :)

P1010501.jpg

I used some 550 cord to tie the EO1 to my shovel, and proceeded to dig out my walkway. About a half an hour of digging and light chopping at the crusty snow.

P1010502.jpg

P1010503.jpg

No worse for wear. Went into my garage: snow, water, and slush on the concrete floor, and figured my son and I could toss it back and forth, letting it hit the floor each time from about 15 feet apart. I figured this would simulate a whole bunch of I dropped my keys, and then some... Checking the light at 50 tosses, it still worked. At 100, it didnt work, swapped to a Duracell coppertop, and continued. Still worked at 200, and we figured wed try something different.

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010506.jpg

We went outside again, and from 12 feet away, threw it overhand at the stone and concrete wall next to my driveway 50 times, which was not so well received, but it still works. Not fastball hard, but throwing it with a bit of force.

I now have a flat top AAA cell, and an unhappy split ring, but still have a working light.

P1010508.jpg

P1010509.jpg

P1010512.jpg

Up next is the snowbank test, I'll leave it on out in the snow until dark, and see how it's doing. 11:00 AM here, starting time.

P1010513.jpg

I'm open to further suggestions, shy of putting it through my snowblower or running it over with my car...:eek:

Tsanc

Newly Enlightened
I ran over mine 30 or so times with my truck in gravel...not even a scratch! I think it might have even liked it....

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
And buy a new shotgun, plus the hospital bills....

Not that you are an idiot (you are just kidding) but idiots do visit the forum: Never place any foreign objects into the barrel of any firearm.

Racer

Enlightened
I think my Sunwayman R01A (the new gold one) might be a little better than the E01. It was only a few bucks more than the E01 too. But I think there will always be an E01 on my wife's keychain. It's nice knowing that when/if the zombie apocalypse comes, when she twists it then light will come out the business end. I would even say that dollar for dollar the E01 is one of the best investsments in my family's safety.

Still deciding what to put on my Suburban's keychain. The gold R01A is just too cool looking to get all scratched up.

Tsanc

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Sgt. LED,
I wasn't thinking of how some people might take that comment. Yeah, you wouldn't be too worried about buying a new shotgun, and your hospital bills could easily be funeral bills. I have a good friend who lost his dominant eye in a cowboy action event (round ignited prior to being fully chambered and left a large piece of brass in his eye). So, as I gain control of my account, if I do:duck: I will go ahead and edit that bit out.

Racer,
I may have to pick up an R01A, it looks pretty nice.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Eh, it's ok!
Just trying to keep em safe.

Interested in the rifle that fired before chambering. Rolling block 45/70? To not derail the poor thread further PM me once you are able.

Tsanc

Newly Enlightened
Not ignoring you Sgt.LED, I got an error message that said your PM box was full.
PM me when you have space and I'll be glad to tell you what I know
(I do not remember the rifle/chambering)