R983

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum, ive been reading all of your posts for a while now and decided its time to join in!. Just picked up a new Surefire E1e and a Streamlight 1L Twin task. I'll write a post of what i think of them when i have a little time to kill.

Size15's

Flashaholic
R983,

Welcome to CPF!

I look forward to your posts on the two flashlights. I'm moving this thread to the Cafe as it's a social call rather than flashlight thread.

Respectfully,

Al

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
R983,

Glad to have you here messin' around with us at CPF. I hope that after a while you'll allow us to call you R. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll be interested in hearing your views on these two lights.

Paul

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Welcome" R983...
Now read up and get educated here to help out your friends in case they need to know what a good torch is in emergency situations!

Plenty of good choices!! Sounds like you've got a good start too!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show (the live version, not the movie), you can use a BRIGHT flashlight during part of the show. I brought a specially-made 5W cyan LS in a SureFire Centurion C2 with turbohead, and I definitely had the brightest flashlight in the entire theatre. Looked like a light sabre from Star Wars, especially when compared with those whimpy, yellow, ringy beamed incandescents that everyone else had.

As for the two lights you got, I'm not sure which is brighter - a SureFire E1e or a Streamlight 1L Twin Task, because those are two lights I do not have.

Tomas

Banned
*I can see it now*

For you who have been to 'midnight showings' of RHPS: Can you picture Craig in his wheeled conveyance with a lap blanket, fishnets, and heels?

You can?

*shudder* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't been to a rip-roaring good RHPS 'audience participation' presentation for a number of years. I'll have to fix that ... now where are my fishnets? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

T_sig6.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
If you go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show (the live version, not the movie), you can use a BRIGHT flashlight during part of the show. I brought a specially-made 5W cyan LS in a SureFire Centurion C2 with turbohead, and I definitely had the brightest flashlight in the entire theatre. Looked like a light sabre from Star Wars, especially when compared with those whimpy, yellow, ringy beamed incandescents that everyone else had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 6Z and a 3" turbohead with me a few years back at a RHPS night, quite a fun night lighting up "Rocky" being chased by "Frankenfurter". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Geoff