• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Quad P60 5.6A Aluminum Drop-in, limited offer - $190

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
f82e15b8.jpg

bfabfa33.jpg

Doing A test run bumping the power on the aluminum quad from 4.2A to 5.6A.

I have 3 of these ready for R4 or R5 LEDs and your choice of modes on the driver.

Specs:

Extremely high quality 100% North American Built Drop-in.

Precision machined to fit genuine surefire and FM26XXX P60 hosts.

Single Li-Ion cell operation for energy density and safety.

LEDs individually current regulated. (Extremely important or LEDs will not receive equal current, other similar drop-ins do not do this)

Integrated thermal shutdown.

Reverse polarity protection. Upside down battery causes no harm.

2KV ESD protection. Resistant to static shock from your fingers.

Low battery warning (drops to low mode and intermittently flashes off quickly).

Mil-Spec Teflon insulated oxygen free silver plated copper conductors.

Silver plated beryllium copper springs with gold plated contacts. (Extremely important, drop-ins using steel springs will fall out of regulation much faster, and may never even reach full current)

Cushioned shock resistant driver.

Modified Khatod Italian made 10 degree FWHM (tested with XPE) beam. Tightest beam possible from P60 multi-LED engine. More common Carclo optics pictured for comparison are 16.4 degree FWHM. (Frosted version pictured)

Fits 6P with ZERO gap.

Available Tint and Flux:

R5 Cool white 6200K

R3 Neutral 5000K

R4 Neutral 4000K

Q5 Warm 3000K

Available Driver Mode Configurations:

5 mode: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS

3 mode: Low - Med - High

3 mode: Low - High - Strobe

2 mode: Low - High

1 mode: High

5.6A Aluminum Drop-in

R5 minimum flux calculates to 1780 lumens.

R4 minimum flux calculates to 1665 lumens.

R3 minimum flux calculates to 1560 lumens.

Q5 minimum flux calculates to 1370 lumens.

Thermal Data:

6061 T6 aluminum thermal conductivity: 167 W/m · oK (Heatsink)

Pure aluminum thermal conductivity: 220 W/m · oK (MCPCB)

Bare monolithic aluminum for best conduction of heat into host. Over 30% better heat transfer than brass. MCPCB screw torqued to 32 in-lb. creating a clamping force of over 1000 lbs. Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste applied between MCPCB and heatsink.

Artic Silver 5 thermal paste included for application in host P60 socket.

$190

Warning:

These lights can be dangerous. If left unattended it could get hot enough to cause a failure in the battery, resulting in a possible fire or explosion. Do not point light at eyes or skin. This is a very high power device. Do not run unattended.

FETtie high current switch

Information Thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/296127

Introducing the ultimate high power tailcap switch for Z41 and FM26XXX hosts.

Designed as a suppliment to the P60 Quad drop-in, This switch's capabilities extend well beyond it's originally intended necessity.

With ANY Linearly regulated or Direct Drive light, this will reclaim power currently being eaten by your higher resistance switch/spring, and give you more current, and more lumens.

With ANY Buck, Boost, or Buck-Boost regulators, this will reclaim power currently being eaten by your higher resistance switch/spring, and provide longer runtimes.

31a5c04e.jpg

0c0d44d1.jpg

How does it work?

The FETtie uses a solid state semiconductor, a MOSFET. Essentially a relay, with no moving parts, which is turned on by the clicky switch. The Clicky switch itself only conducts 100 nanoamps, that's 0.0000001A, to activate the semiconductor. This means the clicking mechanism will last nearly forever, as the electrodes will not wear from arcing.

The FETtie uses a small coin battery, 1216 size. You do not need to worry about this battery becoming depleated however. It's like the battery in a watch, it will last for many years. Even being left on, the switch will draw less current from the coin cell than it's self discharge rate

Specifications:

Current - 25A+

Voltage - 12V MAX

0.0034 ohm Rds(on) MOSFET resistance

Beryllium copper spring, Pure silver plated for extra conductivity, 24K gold plated contact area.

Gold plated contacts from the FETtie to host.

Threaded brass body

Panasonic 1216 coin cell included

$48

Here are some graphs comparing it's performance to a McClicky switch with various cells using my 4.2A Quad drop-in. These results would be compounded with higher currents.

The graphs stop at 1.84A, a figure corresponding to 750 lumens, or half brightness of the drop-in.

0012ab67.jpg

8504a666.jpg

7fd7559f.jpg

Shipping:

$10 to USA and Canada, $15 internationally

Shipping by airmail, no insurance included.

Upgrade to expediated shipping with tracking and insurance for $25 to USA and Canada, $35 Internationally (to most countries)

Paypal:
a69a3ddf.jpg

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CPF HANDLE IN PAYPAL NOTES.

1. Pontiaker

2. chipwillis

3. CarpentryHero

4. Bob96 + FETtie

aeroflash

Newly Enlightened
Hello VanIsleDSM:

Well during the recent CPF shutdown, I was able to acquire one of your quad P60's, second hand, marketplace.
Only thing missing is the most ingenius switch I ever seen, any chance to purchase a FETtie Switch
for it. Before the shutdown you possibly indicated that a independent run might be produced, if this
is the case, I would like to purchase one - Paypal ready at any time. Thank you.

Aeroflash

Darvis

Enlightened
Jesse,

Just wanted to let you know that my 5.6 L-H drop in and three switches arrived in good health during the CPF blackout. Loving it, extremely bright and the switches are great. Man, this thing can make some heat though!!! Lordy does it get hot!!

Great drop in, thanks for the great service as well.

Darvis

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a AL 5.6 L-M-H drop-in and 2 FETie switches before the crash, haven't gotten anything yet, any news?

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
All orders from this thread have shipped. Sorry Mark, because your address was not in paypal and I had to do yours manually you didn't get the auto shipping notice.

These 5.6A drop-ins are running at nearly 20 Watt, so you better believe they create some heat! If it's reaching your hand then rest assured you are using a Drop-in with superb thermal transfering ability.

no-knock

Newly Enlightened
VanIsleDSM,

I pm'd you on marketplace but it doesn't look like you got it. just to let you know, Paypal was sent on 03/09. Looking forward to getting that drop-in. As this is now my first post (again):thumbsdow. I guess it will take some time for you to actually see this post. Anyway, please pm me if you have any questions. Thanks.

anxiously waiting:popcorn:

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Good news. The FETtie will work in the new FM host. It actually works with no adapter at all, but be careful if you try this, as the clicking mechanism of the FETtie is compressed by the washer as you thread down. Overtightening will easily ruin your FETtie. I will investigate today, but I believe, and hope, that simply a larger washer than the one included by FM will solve the problem by letting the FETtie thread down and rest on it's brass rim, rather than the clicking mechanism. More info to come.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
This is great news!! Especially after the week I have had. :)

Please keep us posted on your findings, along with washer size if you find a new one. :thanks:

Did you have to boil your TC? I tried to get mine loose, it was pretty tight, couldnt budge it.

Good news. The FETtie will work in the new FM host.
It actually works with no adapter at all, but be careful if you try this, as the clicking mechanism of the FETtie is compressed by the washer as you thread down. Overtightening will easily ruin your FETtie. I will investigate today, but I believe, and hope, that simply a larger washer than the one included by FM will solve the problem by letting the FETtie thread down and rest on it's brass rim, rather than the clicking mechanism. More info to come.

paulsl

Enlightened
I will take #5. PayPal sent!

For 1 Quad P60 5.6A Aluminum, R5, cool white, tight optics, 3 mode (H,M,L) + FET tie and shipping. Can't wait.

LichtAn!

Enlightened
My FETtie should also arrive soon, so I'll start experimenting than as well to get it fitted in the FM host. But good news so far, Jessie!

French_Candle

Newly Enlightened
Hello Van Isle
I was on the list before the crash. I can t see my name now... . Can I send you paypal now??
:wave:

no-knock

Newly Enlightened
All orders from this thread have shipped. Sorry Mark, because your address was not in paypal and I had to do yours manually you didn't get the auto shipping notice.

I believe I was 1 of the last 2 orders on this thread before the crash and was wondering if the above quote means that my order has also shipped. I haven't received any shipping notice or anything like that. I also didn't pay until 03/09 'cause I hadn't heard anything for awhile, but wanted to make payment anyway to make sure you didn't think I had changed my mind. Okay, so this rambling is basically to just get some kind of update, as I am not able to pm yet.:ironic: Sorry for the bother.
Thanks again. :wave:

Last edited:

John 8:12

Newly Enlightened
Jesse,

Have you sent my replacement FETtie yet? You wrote that you were sending one out right before the big site crash, and I still have not received it.

Thanks,

John 8:12

Light Brite

Newly Enlightened
Jesse,

Have been using my R5 L,M,H and FETie for a week and wanted to say how impressed I am with this set-up.

Thanks,

Dave

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
I should have clarified. All orders that were paid for on the run I was doing were shipped.

FrenchCandle, paulsl and No-knock are in for the next one. I will be making a new sales thread shortly with more options for your quad than ever before.

John - I knew I had to send one to someone, but I couldn't check anything after the crash. It'll be on it's way tomorrow.

Thanks Dave. I'm really glad you enjoy it.

There is a review of my Quads and my new Septa with some OTF lumen testing for interested parties done by Dan here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-and-other-Drop-Ins-a-mini-review-photo-heavy!

Last edited: