What is brighter than the 1200lumen 5x r2 drop-in?

jdmaxima89

Newly Enlightened
Ok... so I had been wanting to put this 5x r2 dropin in a mag host, then decided it's be easier to just get the Ultrafire WF500 since it is a direct fit. After a month, I finally got the drop in, the host, two 18650 batteries, and a charger all from deal extreme. This was a week or two before christmas. Well... the wife didn't know what to give her brother for christmas, and since I had also recently gotten a Fenix TK45, I decided I'd let him have it as a gift. Well.... we were loading wood in the dark the other night... and the only light I had was my PD30 carry light, and he gets out this 1200lumen beast that I had completely forgotten about. I was so sad that he has something brighter than me :duh2:

So, I dont want to order an identical one.... so what light can I piece together, without any real modding (soldering mainly) for under $100 for the entire light, battery, and whatever charger it may need? Or is the setup I gave him still going to be the best? Im mainly going for insanely bright (brighter than what I gave him...)

Thanks everyone!!!