17670 rechargeable in surefire 6px

Z

z_HEMI1300

Recently bought a set of 18650 rechargeable's for use in my fenix pd31. Also bought a set of tenergy rcr123 batteries for my 6px, but gonna return them bc after i did a bunch odlf research i'm afraid the xtra voltage supplied by the rcr123's will damage the surefire. So i was thinkin about gettin a few aw17670 protected cells for use in the 6px, will these work fine. I'm assuming it will fit perfectly and is only one cell so no worry about too much voltage frying the led. One question though, how would the output of the light be affected using one 17670(3.7-4.2v) vs 2 cr123's(6v)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many LED lights can run on a single 17670. Depending on the driver they might be a little dimmer. That 17670 will not replace 2 X cr123 with an incandescent bulb, however.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
when the led insert is built to run on one li-ion, the hotwire setup of the 6P is considerably weaker
only thing is: one has to like the output of a led

+ runtime
+ output
+ multilevel

in this size and output class, incan is dead
(and has already been dead from the introduction of the 1st XR-Es, the actual led are even brighter + usually give a nice color tint)

swsccassidy

Newly Enlightened
I use a protected 17670 in my G2X Pro with no problems at all. Depending on the brand, the fit may be a little snug. Make sure you don't push it in all the way before judging if it fits or not...ask me how I know :ohgeez: I don't usually have my light on for long periods of time, and if I do it's usually on low. Battery life isn't an issue. As far as high goes, I don't notice any difference between cr123's and the 17670, even on high. I keep a few cr123's around to use in case I really need them or can't charge my 17670 immediately, but the light performs well either way.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently bought a set of 18650 rechargeable's for use in my fenix pd31. Also bought a set of tenergy rcr123 batteries for my 6px, but gonna return them bc after i did a bunch odlf research i'm afraid the xtra voltage supplied by the rcr123's will damage the surefire. So i was thinkin about gettin a few aw17670 protected cells for use in the 6px, will these work fine. I'm assuming it will fit perfectly and is only one cell so no worry about too much voltage frying the led. One question though, how would the output of the light be affected using one 17670(3.7-4.2v) vs 2 cr123's(6v)
Hi,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It all depends on the converter being used to drive the led in your 6PX. There are buck, boost and buck/boost converter which in essence lowers or rises the input voltage to match with the drive voltage of the led. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the 6PX but the older E1L uses a buck/boost converter which enables the user to use 2 rechargeable or even one rechargeable to run the light. The output is the same except for the runtimes differ in each battery configuration.

Last edited: