Flashlight heaven?

Z

z_mirrored1ne

In response to my post in the Surefire 6PX/G2x thread, TJMCMAHON said:

Do you live in flashlight heaven? What a great place. I would love to be able to test these things out spending much of my disposable income on flashlights that Ive never been able to test out can be stressful....

Perhaps I do live in flashlight heaven - partially quoting myself:

...I went to 4Sevens and purchased 4 AW17670s (their office is only a couple of miles away.)... I decided to take the 3 non-fitting cells back to 4Sevens. They let me test several others...

...I took the G2X Pro back to REI (a few miles in the other direction.) They let me try another G2X Pro...

...Theres a lot good to be said about being able to deal with issues locally, rather than having to deal with the hassles of returning things via mailbacks.

Did I mention that the GoingGear store is on the other side of town? Being able to hands-on test the 100+ flashlights they have on display is great (thats where I discovered that it appeared that most of the Quark mini AA2 S2s have the very green tint.) REI has offered fine customer service to me for many years, and 4Sevens and GoingGear have done so for the last few months, after I re-discovered my latent flashaholic tendencies (guess what I gave to others and myself for Christmas this year...) Watching for REI sales and using the CPF discounts at 4Sevens and GoingGear helps feed the beast, too...

Anyway, I live in Atlanta, GA, where 4Sevens, GoingGear, and at least 3 REI stores are, too (and probably some other flashlight places I don't know about - yet.) I met David Chow of 4Sevens on Tuesday, and although I haven't met Marshall at GoingGear yet, I have met Casey in their store several times (I think he may live there, because he's always there...), and they recently hired another guy whose name I don't recall. Of course REI stores are much more distributed across the country

It dawns on me that I might be of some benefit to others who need a local person to check something out for them, such as a hands-on detail of a particular flashlight at the above locations, or some other local advocate activity.

To the extent I have the time, I'd be willing to do that if requested. Not that I need any excuse to go technology/flashlight browsing, but if anyone thinks I could offer any assistance, let me know and I'll try to accommodate as time permits.