New Here With a Small Collection - On a Quest for "Enlightenment"

Z

z_Spankis

Hello everyone! My name is Scott and I've been browsing your forum here for the past week or so, and so far I'm loving it. I'm here to continue learning a little bit, but mostly because I think lights are cool. From my car's headlights, to lights in my home, to (obviously) flashlights, I find it all pretty interesting and insist on playing with it. I've learned a lot just by reading so far, and as a result of some info and opinions provided by CPF members I bought my first Surefire last week, a G2X Tactical. I like it a lot so far.

To better explain my level of interest, here's about where i currently stand in total:

DSC_0626.jpg

These are 3 of my Mags - left is a new 3D-LED model, middle is an old 4D with the MAG LED drop-in, and right is a brand new 4D incan model (purchased to mod). I have a few other black 4Ds not pictured in the car, garage, basement, etc. :).

DSC_0628.jpg

Next are my small lights - left is my new G2X, then a 2AA minimag LED (with the hi/lo/flash/sos switch...), then a 3AAA Coast LED Lenser V2, then a surprising cheapo ebay 3AAA aspheric on the far right. The cheapy appears to have an XP-E in it, and actually throws good light. Its not very well made but I was surprised by it. Also pictured a is a Quarrow headlamp I picked up to use for fishing because it has 3-mode green/white/UV output.

DSC_0627.jpg

These next few lights seldom get used, and will likely become mod candidates in the future.

This is a Dorcy rechargeable that throws great light on a full charge, but the battery is about useless anymore and barely lasts a minute.

DSC_0629.jpg

This is a random 4D incan light I've had forever, but with plenty of room inside the case for possibilities :).

DSC_0633.jpg

This was recently given to me by my grandpa, it's an old Rayovac Hunter Lantern and it runs on what appear to be 8 C-size batteries. I haven't done much with it yet, but was considering keeping it some kind of high powered incan and upgrading the switch... not quite sure of my options.

DSC_0632.jpg

This radio/light combo thing actually just happened to be in the picture, and I've had it since I was little. I actually don't even think of it as a flashlight, as it's basically just a decoration anymore. I thought some might think it's cool.

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

That's me in a nutshell!

In the short term Im considering putting a nite-ize run forever drop-in into the silver 4D just to use as an emergency light, and researching options to make my factory LED minimag brighter.

Any suggestions or project ideas with my existing inventory would be much appreciated. So far CPF seems like a great place :thumbsup:.