Patriot

Flashaholic
XenoG42002pic.jpg

Specs From Tactical HID's Sales Thread:

Cree XP-G R5 @ 1.5A (High)

420 OTF Lumens (Manufacturer rated)

Mil-spec Type III Hard-Anodized Gun Gray

Large, deep highly polished aluminum reflector

Powered by 1×18650, 1×17670 or 2x CR123 (no RCR123/16340)

Linear LED driver, No PWM

3-Stage driver: High, Medium, Low

Double Gold plated springs (Shock proof)

Tactical Forward clicky switch with silver plated contacts

Brass LED heatsink / driver housing

Built in pocket / bag clip

Multiple Lanyard attachment options

Size: 6.3? (160mm) 1.8? (46.5mm bezel)

Weight: 9oz (256g, w/o battery)

Other note-worthy features:

Crush test: Survived being driven over by a 1.7 Ton SUV

Waterproof test: Survived 10M pressure test

Anti-roll design

This light can tail stand

Glow ring around the reflector and lens

Silicon rubber glow clicky switch boot

Includes:

Xeno G42 XP-G R5 Torch

Xeno Lanyard made from 550 paracord

Nylon Wrist lanyard

Spare rubber O-rings

Spare forward clicky switch

Packed in a Gift box

LED Options:

1) XP-G 1B R5 Cool White 6500-7000K

2) XP-G 3C R5 Neutral White 4750-5000K

Price is: $92.90

XenoG42003pic.jpg

XenoG42004pic.jpg

XenoG42005pic.jpg

Jetbeam RRT-1, XENO G4 V1, DBS V2

XenoG42006pic.jpg

XenoG42007pic.jpg

XenoG42009pic.jpg

First Impressions:

The Xeno G42 came packaged nicely in a magnetic flag, heavy cardboard box with foam. It came with a nice 550 Paracord lanyard, extra switch, switch boot, and o-rings.

Build quality appears to be excellent! Similar to Jetbeam, if I was to compare it to other lights I've owned. The HA finish is flawless and the stainless steel hardware is highly polished. Threads are all smooth, square type, with no gritty feel or squeaking. Seems like someone actually cleaned and lubed these before it was shipped. Very nice! I really like the knurling on the head and tailcap. I often pinch the tailcap when I pick the light up off the table and the knurling is grippy enough to be useful there.

The switch is very firm. Not accidental activations with this thing. It's also well protected by the stainless, crenelated switch guard. Of course, this allows it to tail stand as well. It's still easy to get the thumb in between the guard though.

Even at 1.5A, cooling wont be a problem for this light. It's got a lot of metal mass at 256g! Plenty of cooling fin action as well.

The reflector appears to be the highest quality that I've ever owned. There aren't any slight machining ripples like I've seen in other lights like the A10, RRT-1, DBS, A9 and others. It's perfectly smooth and the LED is centered extraordinarily well. Even the two RRT-1's I've owned had very slightly off-center LEDs.

The pocket clip is very beefy and has a lot of spring friction in the pocket. Tends to be head heavy though since the top of the clips falls about mid point of the light. No shortage of lanyard attachment points. Five points in total;

1) Through tailcap

2) One hole on stainless lanyard collar

3) One slot on stainless lanyard collar

4) One on pocket clip

5) One on anti-roll ring below the head

I wasn't too sure about the finger groove cuts or whether they'd be useful or no practical but surprisingly, they sorta are! My second and third fingers rest there perfectly when I overhand grip the light with my thumb on the tailcap.

The reflector is really deep on this thing! The LED is about the same depth as the cooling ring aft of the much thicker anti-roll ring.

Performance...

The beam quality is outstanding! There is a hot central spot that is sharply defined, followed by a very smooth and even corona. Spill is next to zero as it's fairly dark outside of the huge corona.

I have the 4750-5000K neutral white version and the color inviting and friendly. Im VERY happy that I went with the neutral white. Plants and foliage look wonderfully, sunlight bathed green.

I measured about 22K Lux on my cheap DX meter. For comparison purposes, this doesnt have the throw of a Jetbeam RRT-1 or even a DBS V2 but produces a lot more overall light output. The beam is much more useful overall and doesnt have any of the Saturn rings that some of my other throwers have had.

That's about it for now. I'll be posting some beamshots tomorrow as well as a youtube video review. I'll post that link here one I get it uploaded.

Thanks!! :wave:

azzid

Newly Enlightened
This light just quenched my thirst for throw, I was surprised when i got my hands on it. I was thinking that it would be a lot bigger(30-40%) than a jetIIIm but it's not, It's actually close in size except for the head.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Love this light Patriot and after reading your first review (the one that got lost in the crash) I purchased one for myself. Thanks again for a great review :thumbsup:

tmackie

Newly Enlightened
You guys that have this light. It looks like it would be a great weapon mounted light with all that throw, but can it be mounted? All of the fins and the clip seem to be in the way. I guess you could cut the clip off maybe?

Any thoughts?