Anyone Successfully Mount A Flashlight To A Kayak / Canoe WIth Pivoting Capability?

CyberCT

Enlightened
I bought a kayak last spring and have kayaked over 50 miles in it over the spring to fall time period. I have been out so long that I have come back at night sometimes to shore and mount it on my car, but never brought my flashlights with me.

In the upcoming season, I plan to kayak at least as much, and myself and a few people are planning trips later into the night. So I wish to mount my better flashlights to the kayak itself in the front (Fenix TK40, TK45, LD20s, TK35, PD31) and turn them on when it gets dark. Pretty much the equivelant of a car headlamp but fitted to the front of my kayak.

I basically want the capability to move the light left, right, up, and down at a pivot point. Of course I want resistance so it doesn't fall or become loose from the direction I point it at, or some type of locking mechanism (less preferably) that is used on some boat fishing rod holders. For those, I can only find them in the up / down position. I understand there are some camera tripod mounts that might possibly work like this, but it would be a huge ghetto rig situation and I would have to do much reasearch for all the parts and it would have to be suseptable to the elements.

Does any company make what I'm looking for that I have overlooked so far? Is anyone in the same situation?