problems, reliability with Quark 123 Tactical, S2 Edition, 4sevens

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a reliable, small, single 123 light and purchased the Quark 123 Tactical, S2 Edition from 4sevens.

Loved the features and the light in general but had some problems with it (described below) so I returned it. Customer service from 4Sevens was excellent.

Light has functioning problems (does not turn on all the time, seems to somewhat reliably (not 100%) turn on in high mode but not in low mode, either wont turn on or flashes strangely - factory settings, did not try to change). I did ensure to fully turn the head so as not to be between mode selections.

Not really looking for comments, I just wanted to post because I learn a ton from others who post about problems they have with given products. It saves me time so perhaps this might save others time or hassle.

If I wasn't in a dangerous job (deployed Soldier) I likely would have kept the light. I just a have very low tolerance for products that don't do what they're supposed to 99% of the time (my .02).

Edit - To clarify, light was brand new (had these issues right out of the box). Tried the cleaning with q-tip and alcohol trick on the contacts and checked to ensure the components were tight. Of note, I'm not mad about this nor am I saying all these products are junk - I just wanted to post my own experience with one light of said brand and type. When I'm doing research, if I find a bunch of folks listing problems, I tend to stay away hence this post is just one man's experience with one light.