LED tint shift due to Reflector or Driver?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall an article on this topic sometime last year but can not seem to find it.

I have a handful of lights which I keep for collector reasons which I have not modded, but for the most part I mod every light I receive with a LED and tint which I find both practical and pleasing. Lately, in particular, that has meant a swap to a XP-G 5C1 R4 led.

I am aware already that even within the 5C1 tint there can be some fluctuations, but what I am seeing it that depending on the driver being used (current regulated versus PWM, quality of current regulation, etc) and also depending on the reflector shape/size/focal point there is a shift in the output tint of the light.

Three particular lights I have modded recently:

Spy007 - installed 5C1 XPG and McR 18S reflector. Somewhat more floody spot. Light is neutral but very white looking.

McClicky HiCRI - upgraded to 5C1 XPG on 8mm Shoppe mPCB, stock reflector. Tighter spot and the light is warm neutral with a somewhat yellowish tint to it - very soothing.

P60 drop-in - KD p60 XPG drop-in, XPG 5C1, SB 1.4A 3 level driver. Very tight spot, tint is warmer than the Spy007 but cooler than the Ra.

I will try and take a shot later with all 3 lights side by side for better example of what I am seeing.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen what I am?