Help with flashlight selection - user interface

Z

z_reflex439

I'm hoping to get a little assistance in selecting a good EDC light. I've been searching now for days, and have looked at so many lights, user interfaces, video reviews on YouTube, review on website and forums, and have seen so many options my head is spinning. Although I can see myself becoming a flashaholic in the process. There are some great lights I'll need to collect in the futre :)

Here is some info to start with;

I really liked the LiteFlux LF2XT interface, size, specs, etc. but I can't seem to find one to purchase, new or used. I also like the JetBeam IBS interface, and may just go with a JetBeam Jet-1 Pro V3.0 if I can't find anything smaller. So I'm looking for options.

Major needs I am looking for;

1. Normal start up in ultra low mode; I use it typically dark public areas (think theaters, restaurants, etc), and having it start up in high or bright would be distracting and embarrassing. 1 to 2 lumens or less is ideal. This is a critical feature.

2. Fast access to High mode; For tactical reasons, I also need a very fast way to start up in high brightness modes. Double click, click and hold, etc, would be fine. This is also critical.

3. Long lasting Beacon mode; For emergencies, I wish it to have a beacon mode (say 1 flash every 5 or 10 seconds).

4. Tail cap button; I don't want a twist interface, ring, etc. Basically a easy one handed operation. I don't mind a side button, twist function, etc, for programming if 1 and 2 above are done via the tail cap button.

For the user interface, something like this would be ideal (or similar).

From off, one click to start in lowest mode, then momentary clicks to progress through the other modes. From off, a click and hold to immediately access high brightness mode.

I don't mind a twist interface or side button to program, if 1 and 2 above can be accomplished one handed.

I prefer a single AA since they are so readily available and I don't feel the need to carry a spare, yet know I can always get my hands on one somehow. I don't need high brightness, although nice to have. Anything over 80 lumens is probably good.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: first poster, if this isn't a good spot feel free to move it as needed.

Latest posts