Winter Fun

GreySave

Enlightened
Here is NWPA we have had solid snow cover since very early December and temperatures have been well below normal helping to sustain a very nice snow pack. I have been doing a lot of snow shoeing in an area of woods near my home and last night took my first night walk using a 4Sevens neutral tint three volt Quark head on the 18650 tube running on hi in a Fenix headband and a Minimus as backup. The Quark provided a nice balance of throw and spill more than suitable as long as I stayed out of the heavy brush. Plenty of range to choose a direction to blaze the trail, and you can REALLY appreciate a neutral or warm tint under conditions where white snow and brown tree trunks are the primary colors out there. Had to switch to the Minimus for its more generous flood lighting for the tighter areas, but not all that often. Really had a blast and looking forward to doing the same thin tonight or Sunday night. That Fenix headband will fit multiple light applications and I have found it to be a very handy addition. It can carry spares as well but that takes you way too far into geekland for my taste.