ITP A1 : Very stiff

LeifUK

Enlightened
I received an ITP A1 in stainless steel today and the head is very stiff. I can't operate it with one hand, and it is stiff when using two hands. Is this normal? Or is this a feature of the stainless steel version? It looks like the o-ring is too tight. I've tried unscrewing the head, and making sure the o-ring is correctly seated, and I think it is. I'm using it indoors at room temperature. There is also a machining flaw in the knurling on the body, where it looks like the knurler tried to take a second pass, and started to cut a second set of grooves but out of phase with the first set. (Would this cosmetic issue on its own be a reason for an exchange? I would assume not.) I will ask for an exchange due to the stiff head, and I am wondering about changing it for the aluminium version unless this one is not typical of the stainless version. My aluminium A2 is very smooth, and can be operated with one hand.

ozzywalker

Newly Enlightened
mine is stiff too...just put some lubricant oil with a toothpick (a small amount) and it will work just fine!
smile.gif