Thrunite Catapult V2 XML Problems. Please Help!

Z

z_bpsealy

I just got my new Catapult XML in today. I put 2 cr123's in and...... Nothing. Ok well they worked in my fenix tk12, but they died shortly thereafter. It was as bright as normal right before the batteries died i might add. Ok so no big deal, dead batteries. I then tried one 18650 and...... Nothing. Ok i tried it in the tk12, and it worked. I unscrewed everything from the catapult and screwed it back in. Then i tried a 18650 again and.... it worked,... sorta. It BARELY comes on. It is dimmer than prob a old 1 AAA maglite.

Ok so my 18650's are probably dead, and i am recharging them. O yea, and when i put 2 18650s in with the extender tube(yes i put the extender next to the head) i get nothing.

My question to all of the veterans is do i have a lemon? Do the catapults run very dim with low voltage? I thought it shut off.

Please tell me what you think. When my 18650's charge will it be bright as normal?

IUalum

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine from Battery Junction and I am having a similar problem. Mine works great and lights great with 2 cr123's and very dim with a single 18650 as expected. Then when I add the extension tube and run with 2 18650's or 4 cr123s, nothing.

Batteries are all fine, light works well without the extension tube. My box also contained a green switch, do I need to change out to this one for 2 18650's?

noelex

Newly Enlightened
The extension tube has to be the correct way around. Reverse it and it will fix the problem.

HIDblue

Enlightened
The extension tube MUST go in between the head of the light and the rear tube...not between the tail cap and the rear tube.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I just got my new Catapult XML in today. I put 2 cr123's in and...... Nothing. Ok well they worked in my fenix tk12, but they died shortly thereafter. It was as bright as normal right before the batteries died i might add. Ok so no big deal, dead batteries. I then tried one 18650 and...... Nothing. Ok i tried it in the tk12, and it worked. I unscrewed everything from the catapult and screwed it back in. Then i tried a 18650 again and.... it worked,... sorta. It BARELY comes on. It is dimmer than prob a old 1 AAA maglite.

Ok so my 18650's are probably dead, and i am recharging them. O yea, and when i put 2 18650s in with the extender tube(yes i put the extender next to the head) i get nothing.

My question to all of the veterans is do i have a lemon? Do the catapults run very dim with low voltage? I thought it shut off.

Please tell me what you think. When my 18650's charge will it be bright as normal?

The Catapult is not designed to work on a single 18650 cell. I'm not much of a tech guy, but it probably has to do with insufficient voltage from the single cell. And it is designed to be used in low mode only, using two cr123's.
I am using my Catapult V2 XML running on two 18350's, and it works perfectly. It provides the power to be used on high brightness level, and in a more compact package, without the extension tube.

Last edited: