Only one flashlight?

Z

z_wire-doc

If you could only have one flashlight, regardless of price or size, what would it be?

thedukeoftank

Newly Enlightened
Hmm ...

Out of the ones I currently own, I would have to pick the Xeno F8 as of right now.

As for the ones I don't own ...
Nitecore Extreme Infinity - EDC use
Olight M3X - Hell of a lot of light/throw

Glow_Worm

Newly Enlightened
The ZebraLight SC51 or SC51W would be my first choice. Maximum utility and choice in brightness vs. runtime with standard AA batteries & the best UI. But if its switch or electronics fail for any reason you're SOL…

So if I had to have a single light that I was sure to be reliable under any situation, I'd probably pick my Malkoff M30W w/ VME head in a Surefire LX2 (bored) host. I'd trust that to always work, the LX2 tailcap gives a two-stage setting, and with a couple of appropriate battery spacers on-hand, it'll run on 17670, CR123, RCR123, 14500, or any other AA (or even AAA) battery. Truly the most versatile & bullet-proof package IMO.

Last edited:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
A Malkoff MD2 - Hi/Low, M61W. with 2XAW 16340 cells: The higher voltage of the RCRs gives a higher Low, 40 or so Lumens as opposed to 20 or so with an 18650. A Tail Standing Shroud makes this set-up, for me, the perfect All Day, EDC.

notsofast

Enlightened
HDS Rotary.

All makes of lights have failure, I know I will be taken care of with HDS.

Like Spark's Magic Maldoff MD2- Hi/Low/M61W would be my second choice.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thru-Nite XP-G R5 3 mode drop-in combined with any 6P body using (1)18650 with forward clickie.

2nd choice and one I use more frequently...ITP A3 3 mode version.