cat or dog person which are you?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i will take a guess and say most here are dog people. im a dog person well cause a dog watches ya stuff. a dog is socail. a dog is a pack anmanal so they enjoy ya company a cat well a cat they well they i have no idea what a cat does

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Cats take over. I am a dog person who inherited a cat. My son moved back in for a while last year. He brought a kitten with him and left a cat. Haven't had a dog since I was a youngster. Would love to have one. Don't think I could take care of one now. Took care of my 2 month old granddaughter for 3 months a few years ago and went into heart failure. Cats are a lot less work. Plus, if I want to go on an overnighter to my daughter's, I don't have to worry about the cat. He's good for a couple of days. He isn't very affectionate. May be that males aren't. He doesn't purr usually. He has this guttural sound he makes when he's happy. Sounds like he is in the throws of passion. I can feel his neck vibrate but no purring comes out. He only purred once. I had just yelled at him and he prostrated himself before me with a puffed up tail. I picked him up and was petting him and forgiving him when he purred. It was for about 10 seconds and was at least an octave lower than other cats I've heard. Zorro is the biggest domestic short hair cat I have ever seen. He is about the size of a beagle (height and length), but built like a cat. The vet commented about his size. Said he must have Siamese in him. He is skinny, but requires a 20 lb. pet carrier. He loves to fight. I have the bite marks to prove it. Once and a while, I'll wake up and he is sleeping on top of me. I wouldn't give him up for the world.
oldgrandpajack

PS: He is a talker. As a matter of fact, he won't shut up.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The Last animal that I had was a black and white, neutered tomcat that died at the age of 18! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif We called him Cat. He was known as "My Dog The Cat" as he followed me everywhere I went, indoors or out. Closed doors in the house were NOT allowed...he would scratch on the door untill someone opened it...he might not ever go into the room but the door was not allowed to be shut. He would follow me when I would go over to visit the pretty blonde lady across the street. He would sit in her front window untill I came out and fuss at me all the way home. I was not allowed to sleep late either. When he thought it was time for me to get up, he would jump up on the bed and pat me on the face with five very sharp claws! If that did't work, he would sit on my chest and purr!

I still expect to see him curled up in the center of the waterbed. I still miss my friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
ksbman said:
Cat person, all the way.

Dogs are just too needy.

[/ QUOTE ]thats why i like dogs lol ya cat he wants food he dont care where he gets the food thats all it wants a dog he will like you

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a relatively new cat - about 3 months now. about 2 years old. "Havana Brown" breed as far as we can tell. Indoors only, still has all claws, and only weighs about 6½ lbs. (breed weight 6-8 lbs.) Got her as a stray from County Animal Control.

She follows us from room to room, sleeps all night at the end of the bed, never needs to be let outdoors to "do her business", only claws at the scratch post and scratch pad, comes when called (!), and was easily trained not to chew on the house plants and jump on the counters/dressers. We engage in active play with her about an hour a day (better than watching prime-time TV! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

I grew up with dogs but didn't get one since I feel that it would be unfair to the animal to not be let outside to "do it's business" for 9-10 hours while I'm at work. My mom would come home from work at 12 each day to let the dogs out and that's just not possible for us.

Every cat is different, but after this cat I don't see myself getting a dog until after I retire and have more time to spend caring for the animal. The only "work" related to our cat is: feed once a day, keep fresh water out, clean litter box twice a day, play for about an hour a day.

Useless Trivia:

Each year for a dog or cat is NOT equal to about 7 human years. Actually veterinarians estimate that it's more like this for both:

Year one: 15-18 years
Year two: add 7-9 years
Year 3 on: add about 4 years each

BobG

Newly Enlightened
I am more cat-person than dog, my wife the opposite. So we almost always have 2 or three of each. You do not own cats, cats own you. If cats had opposable thumbs they would have taken over centuries ago. With dogs it depends on the breed quite a bit. Our Flat-coated retriever (like a golden only solid black - the foundation breed for Golden retrievers) is the total stereotype "dog". All the retrievers tend to be "puppies" forever and in constant awe and amazement at the world in general. Our Shetland Sheepdog (they are NOT miniature rough collies - they are their own breed) is much more cat-like. Our current Queen of the house is an 18 year-old tortoiseshell cat who weighs in a 6 pounds and runs the whole show. She "bullies" the 75 pound retriever and outwits the 18 pound Sheltie. I know it doesn't make sense... but somehow she does it. And that is why I like cats.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cats definately. All they need from you is regular meals, then they pretty much look after themselves.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Forgot to mention something about Zorro. He likes to kiss me. At least that's what I think he's doing. He will climb in my lap and put his nose against mine and push. He'll hold that for maybe 5 seconds and then walk off or lay down. Same thing when I am coming up the stairs out of the cellar. He sticks his head through the railing and I have to stop while he kisses me.
oldgrandpajack

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
oldgrandpajack said:
Forgot to mention something about Zorro. ...snip...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that cat likes you. A LOT. Tux is like that with me. I LOVE dogs, dogs LOVE me. I was "so-so" on cats growing up. Right now? 2 Cats, no Dogs. No time for dogs. Maybe in a couple of years. Still can't find what I want in a breed. In fact, I don't think it exists. I want a 1/2 sized Black Lab

Miciobigio

Enlightened
I 'm ........

Micio = Cat
bigio = dirty

.... a CAT person !!

I LOVE cats , i have 4 cats :Skipper , Ciuci , Pippo , Pepe.
But i love also all the other animals.

( I don't love my english teacher /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )
Ciao.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cat's do not provide the necessary qualities I seek in a pet, Dogs do.

GregR

hula

Newly Enlightened
Exactly Raggie - what does a cat do?
I'll tell ya - nearly everything a poorly trained dog will do and get away with it.
Dogs are more social, loyal and useful. When did you ever hear of a rescue cat, a guide cat, a sniffer cat, a police cat etc etc the list goes on.

Hula.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both. We used to have two cats and one dog. Now we have two dogs and one cat. It's been several years and I still miss the Nickster.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Darkaway that, "Each species has its own merits."

Pat

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Two cats (brother & sister) 'bout five years old, and VERY affectionate; they want attention 24/7! I've had to learn to type with a cat sitting between me and the keyboard... The other one is sitting on the monitor, with her tail in front of the screen!

Main difference between cats and dogs: a dog thinks your his boss, a cat thinks your his mother.

I'd never be a good boss, so I'll stick with cats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Cat's do not provide the necessary qualities I seek in a pet, Dogs do.
GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said! With all due respect to Cat Lovers, I will take MY Jack Russell Terrier ANY DAY.

Cat lover's should have cats, and dog lovers should have dogs. What puzzles (bothers, pisses me off big time) is when a NON DOG/CAT lover ownes a dog/cat. Why do they do that?

It's not fair to the dog or cat.

Tomas

Banned
Dogs have big brothers, cats have "staff."

Dog person,
T_sig6.gif

StuU

Enlightened
Dogs can do jobs as well as be companions. Living in the country, we would feel naked without the eyes and ears of a good watchdog. He hears and smells everything before we do. Our 9+ year old Chesapeake takes his duties very seriously and expects to repaid with affection and dog food. And rides in the truck, of course.

Latest posts