Ye are the Light of the world (having an edc in church)

Dadof6

Enlightened
About 6 months ago I gave flashlights out to a few guys from church because we had served together for a while and I thought it would be a cool parting gift. I gave each a Maratac AA stainless with lithiums so they could carry the lights every day.

One of them moved to Houston and was at a big church meeting today with over 1000 people in attendance when all of the sudden the power goes out. The Maratac was sadly not with him but was on his dresser. He could have had an excellent opportunity to really light things up and instead he left it at home. Ive tried to tell him you never know when youll need it but apparently it was for naught.

He swears he is edc'ing it for now on. I hope he's right, for his own good.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Remember the old Children's Sunday School joke?

Q. Where was Moses when the lights went out?

A. In the dark!

Of course, Moses had a different kind of Light.....

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL. Every Sunday I have my 4sevens Qmini AA neutral white in one pocket and an Olight i3 on my keychain in the other.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom used a flashlight for lighting during an outside-at-night bible-reading thing where the minister's own 2D Eveready wasn't up to the task of lighting up small print. I think three baptists interrupted each other saying "...let there be light" :p

Crushmaster

Newly Enlightened
My Bright Star Razor came in handy a while back at my assembly (a.k.a., church) due to a car's tire being low (evening service; I also had a Bright Star Ion with me). Our pastor told me to not let anyone discourage me from carrying them, as they come in handy. Fortunately, he has nothing to worry about in that regard. :thumbsup:
God bless,
Joel ><>.