SST-90 Build

Z

z_bobk

Stop me before I do something stupid! Oh, too late . . . Anyway, I want to build a SST-90 on a M*g 3D, DD, driven by 3 AccuEvolution LSD NiMH cells. Now, my only previous experience is swapping a few emitters, and installing a DX P-7 drop in. What I did with that was use the body of the light as my - path, and connect the + to the switch. For the -90, I got a big slug of C145 copper. I am going to machine a sink to just slide into the M*g body, about 1 long. Heres the thing: instead of running two wires, why not remove the anodizing from the neck of the body, making it electrically common with the slug. Then screw the star fast to the copper slug, and run one very short wire from one of the screws to a negative contact. Then, run the wire from a positive to the switch.

I have been practicing on aluminum scrap. Instead of drilling a hole, I milled a channel down the side. Going to get a ball mill bit today. so, my question is, why do most of the builds I see use two wires, even though no driver is used?

Bob K