Fliklite LS:1 Luxeon Star - Now available

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the email announcement:
At last the fliklite LS 1 is now available to buy online, Please find at http://www.efx.co.uk/main.php (It's a screwy site - first click on the posted link, then click on the picture of the shiny Fliklite in the upper LEFT corner of the page.)
618041.jpg

NEW - Fliklite LS:1 Luxeon Star

The first Aluminium Flashlight to feature the Awesome 1 Watt Luxeon Star LED

• Light output equivalent to 18 conventional high power diodes.
• Battery life 2 1/2 hours continuous illumination
• Brilliant Hand-Polished CNC Machined Aluminium Body
• Complete with Lithium Batteries and Metal Presentation Case
• Waterproof to 30 Metres and Visible from 5 miles
• Individally Serial Numbered

Coming soon - launch date 1st august, orders now being taken

Product Code Description Price Qty.

TOR63-AL NEW - Fliklite LS:1 Luxeon Star £69.95

All prices include UK VAT at 17.5%

Not much detail available from the site - but it sure does look neat.

P.S. To see the original Fliklite being RUN OVER BY A TANK, click on this link: http://www.fliklite.co.uk/index2.htm then click on the bottom of the page to download the movie. These are MY KIND OF PEOPLE!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The first Aluminium Flashlight to feature the Awesome 1 Watt Luxeon Star LED"
From Fliklite perhaps, but quite a way behind ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The original FlikLite ran off 3 N cells, but i cant see those powering an LS for 2.5 hrs. Voltage is wrong for direct drive too.

*** Just got an email pointing that this flashlight is made in the UK, and that webpage ihat is also probably intended for that same market. Their statement is indeed accurate, as i cannot think of anyone in the UK selling a Luxeon based flashlight offhand, and definately no manufacturers.***

JJHitt

Enlightened
Maybe they meant to say:
"The first Aluminium Flashlight shaped like a sex toy to feature the Awesome 1 Watt Luxeon Star LED."

danielo_d

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JJHitt said:
Maybe they meant to say:
"The first Aluminium Flashlight shaped like a sex toy to feature the Awesome 1 Watt Luxeon Star LED."

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif that's hilarious! Wish I had thought of that!

Danno

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this reply to my email to the designer:

"Appreciate the cpf posting Thanks.
2 CR123 lithiums
Regulated Yes.
Burn time 3 hrs.
Water proof 30 metres
Bomb proof well tank proof.

Cheers Rob"

NOW I'm excited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
(I was so worried that this was gonna have "N" cells.)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was supposed to have been sent one of these for the "exclusive" first review, but maybe have been forgotten about cos that was back in febury /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . I replied to the message I got today so we`ll see what happens. If/when I get hold of one of these I`ll post my opinions right here, and it`ll show up on the TRS pretty quickly afterwards. I owe it to Rob/EFX to have it completed quickly since I took far too long publishing the original one!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris M.:

Hope they get you one soon. As far as I am concerned, even a "first impressions" post can be very valuable - as even an amature review like I once did - can take a l-o-n-g time.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has just made me realize something... have a growing collection of luxeon lights, and without exception, they are ALL american. Does the UK even have any flashlight manufacturers?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fliklite is made in the UK.

Maybe what they mean by "first aluminum torch to use the Luxeon LED" is "first UK-made torch to use the Luxeon LED"? Probably someone was just confused. I have pointed out the Arc-LS to them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
wink.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, i got an email stating as much. I edited my first post to reflect this. Lets hope they send you one soon. Not that i need another torch, but if its half decent, i'll buy one just to support a UK manufacturer.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
JJHitt said:
Maybe they meant to say:

Not true! Mr. Bulk's Mini-LGI looks like a sex toy...anyone that sees it points that out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JJHitt said:
Maybe they meant to say:

[/ QUOTE ]

well..that's not entirely accurate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LoneRebel

Enlightened
I'd be more impressed if the flicklight got run over by a tank while laying on concrete...Getting pressed into the dirt doesnt impress me a whole lot.

PeterW

Enlightened
"Ultra" powerful..... come on!! And 70quid for the chance to play with one too..... Nice light, slightly un-nice cost. (I paid only slightly more (including shipping) for my SNII, now that's an "ultra" light, )

Now if only I could find a Surefire L4 for 70quid I would be real happy!

PEterW.

PS I do hope Fliklite do some good marketing and get into Outdoor goods stores. They could sell a good load of them there. Those shops are currently filled with REALLY CRAPPY "LED" lights, that put out a pathetic amount of light... even though they have hundreds of (rubbish) LED's in them. (It's not the number you have, it's the fact that they aren't Luxeons that makes the difference!)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LoneRebel said:
I'd be more impressed if the flicklight got run over by a tank while laying on concrete...Getting pressed into the dirt doesnt impress me a whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they state that the ground was frozen. I suspect that dirt is a more common operating environment for tanks than concrete. (Just a thought.) Personally; as I am not in the service, if a tank gets close enough to me to run over my flashlight - I'll probally have bigger things on my mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm the flicking switch is kind of neat the way they show it in the video. Easy one handed quick draw!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob (Flik inventor) assures me the "first aluminum Luxeon LED torch" part was just marketing blurb aimed at the UK market only, and he`s well aware of the Arc LS.

And yes, the Torch Reviews Site should be getting one of these for evaluation in the near future. I`ll let everyone know what I think of it when it arrives.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif