• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Surefire L6 with XM-L T6

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD: Surefire L6 with XM-L T6

Hi all,

This host is in great condtion with only a few minor dings on the tailcap and a couple pin pricks around the end of the bezel. The rubber ring that comes around the body on these was not with this one when it came to me.

The factory led has been replaced with an XM-L T6 (facotry rated at nearly 1000 lumens). The driver board has also been replaced with a 3 mode buck driver. The tailcap is a forward click with momentary.

The super deep mop reflector in combination with the XML emits a flawless beam of white light. It produces a tight hot spot, bright spill and super long throw.

l6001.jpg

l6002.jpg

Price is 265$ shipped! SOLD

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi batziscool,

Yes, this was sold long ago, I guess I just forgot to edit the thread title. If you turn up an L6 host somewhere I would be glad to convert it for you though.

Thanks

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I guess I'll have to start looking for an L6. :)

Did you have any beamshots of L6? How did it compare to the stock profile?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think I still have any shots of the beam. If I recall it made the beam "fuller" Rather than a tiny hot spot and spill ring like factory it had more of a blended look between the two. In a dark sky it fired a cone shape ( like on cartoons sort of). There was still a hot spot but the spill was bright and even.

EDIT: A WTB ad in the market place might turn up a couple.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bullet Bob,

Since there seems to be a good bit of interest in this I will just post the cost here. The cost for modding a SF L6 head with a new emitter and a driver like in this thread with shipping is $65. If you want a different driver add the difference in cost for the board.

Silgt,

The L5 head is nearly impossible to get apart without damage to the finish. I have opened about all of the surefire lights but the epoxy in the L5 is something very different, for this reason I would prefer not to do the L5. Thank you for your interest though.